2022 LSO Summer Licensing Exam Results

64buickskylark

64buickskylark
  • Articling Student

Am I just being way too impatient or should the Barrister exam results be out by now? The LSO says 6-8 weeks from the last sitting and last week was eight weeks from July 8. Do they release Solicitor and Barrister together maybe? Or should I not count on a 6-8 week timeline at all?

Any answers that could help keep me from checking my account every day would help 🙂 

• Like 1

TobyFlenderson
  • Lawyer

Yeah, this week is the beginning of Week 9. Only the LSO knows when the results will be released. 

I think most people were expecting the 6-8 week timeline to hold up, but here we are. The bright side is, depending on your perspective, that the results could come out any day now. 

Hang in there.

• Like 2

Isn’t this the first exam that’s back in person? I would imagine there are some delays getting it rolling again. If you are feeling too stressed, just remember that we are just monkeys flying in space. It’s going to work out. Although, I can’t even take my own advice - I’m writing the fall exams and am so nervous dude lol.

• Like 3

AnonymousAnon
  • Lawyer
10 hours ago, Dood said:

Isn’t this the first exam that’s back in person? I would imagine there are some delays getting it rolling again. If you are feeling too stressed, just remember that we are just monkeys flying in space. It’s going to work out. Although, I can’t even take my own advice - I’m writing the fall exams and am so nervous dude lol.

Unfortunately (?) nope! The first in person exams post-COVID were the March 2022 barrister and solicitor exams part of the 2021/2022 licensing cycle, and these were held in about April. The results came out about 5 weeks later.

But ditto on the monkeys.  

• Like 2

TobyFlenderson
  • Lawyer
13 minutes ago, ICook said:

When will solicitors be out?

Who knows. But I believe we’re entering into the 8th week of waiting for the solicitors, which is the upper end of the guideline provided by the LSO. So maybe this week, if they hit the timeline.

If they follow the same pace as the barristers, another two weeks. 

erin otoole
  • Lawyer
4 minutes ago, TobyFlenderson said:

Who knows. But I believe we’re entering into the 8th week of waiting for the solicitors, which is the upper end of the guideline provided by the LSO. So maybe this week, if they hit the timeline.

If they follow the same pace as the barristers, another two weeks. 

Two more weeks pushes us outside the 23rd re-write deadline no?

TobyFlenderson
  • Lawyer

The solicitor has a later re-write deadline, the 23rd was the barrister deadline.

Edit: the deadline to register for the Fall Solicitor sitting is October 7.

• Like 1

notnotadog
  • Lawyer

I think last summer there was about a week in-between exam results for the barrister and solicitor. Hopefully it should only be another week.

Garfield
  • Articling Student

Just in case anyone is feeling down, I have been told by a few people that they failed. Know that you aren’t alone and that there is a reason why there are multiple sittings.

• Hugs 1