When do offers become firm?

Southside

Hi all - is the provisional to firm deadline at July 1st at 11:59 pm or is it tomorrow at midnight. Just wanted to know... 

TobyFlenderson
  • Lawyer

From my recollection of the cycle I applied (Nov 2018), the deadline is always 11:59 of the calendar day listed. So Nov 1 at 11:59PM for applications, and July 1 at 11:59PM for offers to go firm.

But it's possible that I'm wrong, and even if I'm not, barring some sort of major down-to-the-minute decision, I would seriously recommend against waiting until the final hours of the deadline to make a decision. Websites go down, internet goes out, anything could happen and the last thing you want is to make a bad/less good decision or, worse, no decision at all and not accept anywhere, because of a technical issue in the final few hours.

Better safe than sorry.

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer
2 hours ago, TobyFlenderson said:

Websites go down

I’m pretty sure I originally discovered lawstudents.ca after being unable to submit my OLSAS application when the website went down around 10 pm on November 1, 2016. 

Fortunately the powers that be extended the application deadline that year, but yeah, websites go down 

3 hours ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

I’m pretty sure I originally discovered lawstudents.ca after being unable to submit my OLSAS application when the website went down around 10 pm on November 1, 2016. 

The BQ origin story!

Spider-Man GIF by memecandy

• LOL 2