Chance me: CGPA: 3.71, LSAT: 164 (2 takes)

Miguel33

Miguel33
  • Applicant

Hi all, 

I’m an international student very interested in doing my JD at McGill. Would appreciate thoughts on my chances based on above stats as well as several years of international work experience and a Masters degree. I’ve heard McGill has a very holistic process, so it’s hard to gauge. Nonetheless, feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

LMP
  • Articling Student

Then it'd seem like you're a pretty competitive applicant! Stats are decent and the masters/ work experience are nice ECs. A good french background rounds it out as well. 

Obviously nothing is every guaranteed but I think you've got a good shot.

Miguel33
  • Applicant
38 minutes ago, LMP said:

Then it'd seem like you're a pretty competitive applicant! Stats are decent and the masters/ work experience are nice ECs. A good french background rounds it out as well. 

Obviously nothing is every guaranteed but I think you've got a good shot.

Thanks! It’s hard to discern and recently been considering schools outside the US. Only thing I was concerned about is I see McGill is the only school that uses LSAT averages as opposed to highest score. Since I took it twice, my average is a 162 (160, 164). Which I’m not sure helps or hurts based on their process. I know it’s shot in the dark either way.  

LMP
  • Articling Student
13 minutes ago, Miguel33 said:

Thanks! It’s hard to discern and recently been considering schools outside the US. Only thing I was concerned about is I see McGill is the only school that uses LSAT averages as opposed to highest score. Since I took it twice, my average is a 162 (160, 164). Which I’m not sure helps or hurts based on their process. I know it’s shot in the dark either way.  

Well, it doesn't help. But I don't think it does too much to hurt you either given that a even a 160 isn't a bad score. It isn't amazing but it certianly doesn't sink your chances or anything. 

Miguel33
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, LMP said:

Well, it doesn't help. But I don't think it does too much to hurt you either given that a even a 160 isn't a bad score. It isn't amazing but it certianly doesn't sink your chances or anything. 

Well, its good to know I've got a decent shot!