Toronto ITC in-firms

Coolcucumberlaw

Coolcucumberlaw
  • Law Student

Following the OCIs, when can we expect to hear back about in-firms? Do students usually hear back closer to the OCIs or closer to call day? 

Also, for the firms that don’t participate in OCIs and are still part of the recruit, does anyone know when and if they may send ITCs? 

The formal call day is in late October, but as Turtles has said firms can and will send out ITC emails whenever they like.

Edited by LMP
  • Like 1

How do the schools that OCI later (and therefore closer to call day) fare in this decision making? Do the lawyers spend less time deciding if they want to in-firm interview with them, is it a disadvantage, etc? 

Turtles
  • Law Student
27 minutes ago, Law_Student_X said:

How do the schools that OCI later (and therefore closer to call day) fare in this decision making? Do the lawyers spend less time deciding if they want to in-firm interview with them, is it a disadvantage, etc? 

The schools that OCI later, e.g., UofT and Oz, tend to place the highest percentage of students, so it's a major stretch to say it's a disadvantage. 

More likely firms have an idea in advance of how many students they want to take to in-firms from each school and plan accordingly. 

• Like 1

Coolcucumberlaw
  • Law Student

Thank you for your responses! 

Do any of you know whether Toronto firms are doing the in-firms virtually? 

52 minutes ago, Coolcucumberlaw said:

Thank you for your responses! 

Do any of you know whether Toronto firms are doing the in-firms virtually? 

I'm not sure if your school provided this but there's a spreadsheet out there with a list of OCI employers and their response to that very question. 

From memory, I think most have said they have yet to decide if in-firms will be in person. 

Though there's one or two OCIs that are actually in person so I wouldn't be shocked if some in firms are as well.

• Like 1

Turtles
  • Law Student
6 hours ago, LMP said:

I'm not sure if your school provided this but there's a spreadsheet out there with a list of OCI employers and their response to that very question. 

From memory, I think most have said they have yet to decide if in-firms will be in person. 

Though there's one or two OCIs that are actually in person so I wouldn't be shocked if some in firms are as well.

Osgoode CDO emails have had this note for the Toronto recruit:

"*OCIs & Interviews will be virtual"

I've heard of some firms expecting in-person in-firms as of a few months ths ago but I assume the CDO is basing this declaration off something.

5 hours ago, Turtles said:

Osgoode CDO emails have had this note for the Toronto recruit:

"*OCIs & Interviews will be virtual"

I've heard of some firms expecting in-person in-firms as of a few months ths ago but I assume the CDO is basing this declaration off something.

The CDO also provides information to the contrary through both the spreadsheet I mentioned and what individual firms have reported on the MyCareer portal. 

I suppose we will find out on Monday when they release the schedules. 

frankconners
  • Lawyer

I’m a member of the student committee on a Bay Street firm - all in-firm interviews should be virtual. The firms decided this collectively as a group after there were complaints about a hybrid process to the LSO causing undue stress.

You may have one or two of the smaller ones breaching this arrangement, but I would expect most major firms to follow suit on this.

Edited by frankconners
  • Like 1