ABS — Reaching 32 Entries

backtomac

backtomac
  • Applicant

Am I the only one that's struggling to reach 32 ABS sketch entries? I have 21 so far... I feel like I'm the only one going through this!

GoatDuck
  • Law Student

Are you referring to OLSAS entries? If you are, then you don’t have to get all 32 entries. I had maybe 10-11. 

backtomac
  • Applicant
2 minutes ago, Plsnologicgames said:

Are you referring to OLSAS entries? If you are, then you don’t have to get all 32 entries. I had maybe 10-11. 

sorry if this is a b*tchy question but did you get in? if so that would make me feel way more comfortable — every law school student in my life filled all 32

GoatDuck
  • Law Student
Just now, backtomac said:

sorry if this is a b*tchy question but did you get in? if so that would make me feel way more comfortable — every law school student in my life filled all 32

I’m applying this year so I’m yet to see how my applications will turn out, but everyone I’ve talked to who got in had 10-15 entries. But I’ve talked to only UofT students, not sure how it is for other schools.

backtomac
  • Applicant
25 minutes ago, Plsnologicgames said:

I’m applying this year so I’m yet to see how my applications will turn out, but everyone I’ve talked to who got in had 10-15 entries. But I’ve talked to only UofT students, not sure how it is for other schools.

that's awesome to hear, thank you so much!!! and good luck this cycle!

TobyFlenderson
  • Lawyer

For what it’s worth, when I applied for Sept 2019, I had like…7? Maybe?

I was accepted at multiple schools.

A few good entries are worth more than 32 super common/otherwise less meaningful entries.

Besides, your LSAT/grades/PS will make the bulk of the decision.

Don’t overthink it.

RIP-Joel
  • Law Student
4 hours ago, backtomac said:

Lol I don't think I've ever met a single person who filled out 20, let alone 32. You'll be fine.

edit: even if someone is actually filling out ALL spots on the sketches section, they are more than likely throwing in a bunch of shit that shouldn't be listed to begin with. 

Edited by RIP-Joel
edit

Oh man I couldn’t even imagine filling out all 32. I’m not sure how many I had but far less. I wouldn’t worry about it. In my view, even if you had 0 entries but otherwise had competitive stats and a good PS I can’t imagine it’d count against you enough to substantially affect your chances.