Can a previous coworker be my verifier?

Law_Hopeful

4 hours ago, Green123 said:

Wondering who can be verifiers and who can’t. 

I was pretty liberal with my verifiers. Had anyone called some of the numbers I listed or the emails I wrote down they likely wouldn't have been able to verify anything. 

My motto was just do the best you can. If I didn't have a paticular individuals number I'd have them check with the institution (HR or an equivalent). 

If it was a student society I'd put down a friend. If it was an old volunteer activity I'd throw down the organizations general inquiry email. 

Strive to provide the best verifier you can, but don't hyperfixate on it.

Piffle
  • Law Student

Yes, coworkers are perfectly fine verifiers. 

The role of a verifier boils down to baseline yes/no questions: Did person X hold position Y at company Z? Did they work here between the months/years of A and B? A verifier is expected to simply confirm – i.e., verify – that you indeed did the things you’re saying you did. Whether it's a CEO or a minimum wage employee who does this - both are acceptable.

Edited by Piffle