How far to go back for personal Sketch/Verifiers?

found.antlers

found.antlers
  • Applicant

I am an older applicant with a long career behind me. Is it relevant to include trainings/professional development from the early days of my career? For example, I worked in the social services field in the start of my career and have numerous trainings that I completed at that time - crisis intervention, harm reduction etc . I'm not sure if that information would be relevant or considered to be ancient history ?

I would aim to include as much relevant experience as you can. I suspect some of your older experience may well be more pertinent or interesting than some more recent stuff. 

Prior to law school I had a few jobs and almost careers, but only a fraction of what you have. Even so I found myself having to exclude certain things. So absolutely include things like your social services work. 

Now, this piece of unasked for advice goes beyond your question but I think it would be helpful to start figuring out what your law school resume / narrative is going to be. No rush, but crafting that image of yourself in advance will be helpful when law school kicks off.

• Like 1

Pastrey
  • Law Student

Include in your sketch anything from your resume/CV that you would want considered by the admissions committee. If there is something in your CV that is not in your sketch, it will not be considered.

I made the mistake of not including everything from my CV in my sketch the cycle before last. I was applying as a mature student coming from a 20+ year career, and was rejected.  Corrected my sketch (and raised LSAT) last cycle and got in.

If the training was worth listing in your CV, or earned you a certificate or recognition for completion I would suggest including. 

• Like 3