No ITCs - is it over?

Diskbaby997

Diskbaby997
  • Law Student

My school’s OCI day took place on October 13, with Call Day being less than a week away is receiving no ITC mean it’s over? I interviewed fairly well and thought I’d at least have 2-3 ITCs by now. Does anyone have any stories of receiving calls on Call Day without getting an ITC? Should I email to follow up? 

Squirtle
  • Law Student
20 minutes ago, Diskbaby997 said:

My school’s OCI day took place on October 13, with Call Day being less than a week away is receiving no ITC mean it’s over? I interviewed fairly well and thought I’d at least have 2-3 ITCs by now. Does anyone have any stories of receiving calls on Call Day without getting an ITC? Should I email to follow up? 

That does happen. So don’t discount anything yet! 

It also depends where you interviewed. Some firms simply don’t have the resources to send out ITCs. Wishing you the best of luck 🙂

bubbles
  • Law Student
22 minutes ago, Diskbaby997 said:

I'm in the same position as you, I thought I absolutely KILLED my OCIs and it's been radio silent since... which is super disheartening 😞 

If the firm has sent ITCs to other students at your school, you're likely out of the running for them. At the firms that send ITCs, occasionally a student might get a call without receiving an ITC but it is rare. 

If you haven't heard about the firm sending ITCs to other students at your school, it doesn't matter how long it's been since your interview. Some firms send all their ITCs at once after all the OCIs are done and some are just slower than others to send them. I had ITCs come in the day before and two-days before call day. 

Some firms also just don't send ITCs. This is more common for smaller firms and boutiques. I don't know of any of the large full service firms not sending ITCs. 

LMP
  • Articling Student
31 minutes ago, Diskbaby997 said:

If you're seeing other people, on this forum or otherwise, getting ITCs from the firms you interviewed with, it isn't a great sign.

But if they're being equally non-responsive to everyone they may either not send out ITCs or have been waiting for all the schools to finish doing interview (which ended last Friday).

I'm sure you're very anxious but unfortunately all you can do at this point is wait. But remember, some people will decline interviews! You might be sitting on a waitlist and likely to get some calls next week!