URGENT NEED RESPONSE ASAP FOR APPLICATION SUBMISSION BEFORE MIDNIGHT!

chickenwings

Hi everyone, I am trying to submit my university applications through olsas but it keeps saying that "You have attempted to submit an application that includes a closed program. Please return to Program Choices, remove the following closed program(s) and re-submit. The applications are still open here in B.C. Am I missing something?? Pls reply asap as I need to submit this before midnight.

LoganRoy
  • Articling Student

The applications might be open in BC but you may be applying to schools where the portal is closed (i.e. in ON, the Nov 1 deadline has since passed).

I cannot submit the application. OLSAS should be clear with their timing. It just says that its due by Nov 1st before midnight. What now? All the programs are showing up as closed. 

7 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

The applications might be open in BC but you may be applying to schools where the portal is closed (i.e. in ON, the Nov 1 deadline has since passed).

Can I reach out to the portal and explain my situation?? All of the program are showing up as closed.

angelica97
  • Paralegal Student
4 minutes ago, chickenwings said:

I cannot submit the application. OLSAS should be clear with their timing. It just says that its due by Nov 1st before midnight. What now? All the programs are showing up as closed. 

OLSAS specified that the deadline is in ET: https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/olsas-dates/

Turtles
  • Law Student
10 minutes ago, chickenwings said:

You thought Ontario schools have application deadlines in PST?

СлаваУкраїні
  • Law Student

I think you’re just gonna have to email them and explain your situation and hope they take mercy on you and let you submit late.

12 minutes ago, angelica97 said:

OLSAS specified that the deadline is in ET: https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/olsas-dates/

Is it possible to send the application now?

Just now, СлаваУкраїні said:

I think you’re just gonna have to email them and explain your situation and hope they take mercy on you and let you submit late.

should I email all the schools seperately? What are the chances of them actually understanding this situation?

СлаваУкраїні
  • Law Student
2 minutes ago, chickenwings said:

should I email all the schools seperately? What are the chances of them actually understanding this situation?

I’m not in Ontario and didn’t apply to any of their law schools, so I’m honestly not sure how OLSAS works or whom you should contact. Do any Ontario forumgoers have any advice for this guy?

VitalGiraffe
  • Law Student
On 11/2/2022 at 1:40 AM, Turtles said:

Other people have been able to get permission to submit late. Admit your error and ask the schools nicely. They can reopen the OLSAS submission for you specifically.

https://canlawforum.com/topic/1360-i-missed-the-olsas-deadline-by-1-minute-am-i-fucked/

OP here. I've been messaged by people today regarding this.

I was allowed to apply by most schools. I go to one of those schools now, so they didn't hold it against me.

Sad to see some people repeating my mistake. Maybe that post should get pinned every year on the last week of October.

• Like 3
  • Nom! 1

UPDATE: I was able to get permission to submit late! Thank you to everyone who responded back and helped me get through this dumb mistake of mine. Lesson learned.

A reminder to future applicants, please do not make the same mistake I did. Submit your applications BEFORE the day of the deadline especially if you live outside of Ontario!! 

Edited by chickenwings
  • Like 4