In-firm call back invitations

sabbp

sabbp
  • Law Student

What is the latest firms reach out to invite you to Day 2? I had 4 interviews (first one at 10 and last at 4) and still haven’t heard back, should I assume I won’t get any invitations for day 2?

Turtles
  • Law Student
5 minutes ago, sabbp said:

What is the latest firms reach out to invite you to Day 2? I had 4 interviews (first one at 10 and last at 4) and still haven’t heard back, should I assume I won’t get any invitations for day 2?

Depends on the firm. Some always do Day 2s, some are selective but will tell you during your first interview if they're interested enough for day 2, some will take a few hours for the recruiter to review the feedback and rank their list before the host or recruiter reaches out, some will wait until end of day after everyone has been interviewed and the committee has time to meet, some may wait til night if they held an event and want to see who shows or how you behaved.

• Like 2

QueensDenning
  • Articling Student

It's still fairly early. These decisions are made in meetings and the emails might not go out till later in the evening.

• Like 3

capitalttruth
  • Law Student

Anyone hear back from DOJ? I had my in firm today around 4pm, havent heard back yet. Are they supposed to call you by a certaim time? Just curious.

• Like 1

Pecan Boy
  • Articling Student

If you're worried about it, it's worth being proactive and sending emails to the firms indicating a continued interest in them and telling them that you'd love to come back tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Pecan Boy said:

If you're worried about it, it's worth being proactive and sending emails to the firms indicating a continued interest in them and telling them that you'd love to come back tomorrow.

Would you reccomend this even if you've already sent a thank you email?

ccounsel2024
  • Law Student

Just branching off of this, can anyone give any insight as to what Day 2 interviews are like? Will it be more of them selling the firm to us, or is it more or less the same as Day 1? 

15 minutes ago, ccounsel2024 said:

Just branching off of this, can anyone give any insight as to what Day 2 interviews are like? Will it be more of them selling the firm to us, or is it more or less the same as Day 1? 

You should prepare for day 2 the same way as you prepared for day 1. Some firms will start pitching on day 2 whereas others will treat it the same way as day 1 and won't pitch to you until day 3 when they're fairly certain they'll make an offer. Whether or not they pitch on day 2 varies from firm to firm and candidate to candidate. 

Once they start pitching, it will be very obvious. They won't leave you guessing whether or not they're interested. If you're unsure, it's probably because they haven't started pitching yet. Back in the day, they would also invite you for coffees and stuff to try and monopolize more of your time. I'm not sure how that works now with virtual in firms but if a firm is trying to get you to meet with more people outside of your interview slot, it's probably a good sign. 

19 minutes ago, LMP said:

Would you reccomend this even if you've already sent a thank you email?

If you're interested in a firm, showing that interest can't hurt. You can just email your host or the recruiter, whoever you feel comfortable speaking to that's likely to make your interest known. Worst case they'll ignore you which is the same result as if you don't try. 

Edited by QMT20
  • Like 4

legallypetty
  • Law Student

At what time tonight is it fair to believe that we won’t get invited back, especially if the firm didn’t have any events?

Pecan Boy
  • Articling Student
2 minutes ago, legallypetty said:

At what time tonight is it fair to believe that we won’t get invited back, especially if the firm didn’t have any events?

Probably now. But message them and check in just in case! Only good can come from that.

• Like 3

Turtles
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, legallypetty said:

Ask around your friends if they have heard from the firm. 

fraudulentlyblonde
  • Law Student

Why do firms just ghost and not send rejection emails? Doesn't that feel very unprofessional? 

• Like 1

QueensDenning
  • Articling Student
12 minutes ago, fraudulentlyblonde said:

Why do firms just ghost and not send rejection emails? Doesn't that feel very unprofessional? 

Does a copy/pasted "we were so impressed with you but unfortunately cannot move forward with your application" email really make a difference in a process like this where you know the answer by the next day anyways (by virtue of silence)? It's just not an efficient use of time or resources. 

Edited by QueensDenning
  • Like 1

Turtles
  • Law Student
24 minutes ago, fraudulentlyblonde said:

Many of the recruiters are working around the clock this week, many of the lawyers are balancing recruit responsibilities alongside their practice, and many of the students are delegated even more work as lawyers are busy while also taking on networking calls. Everyone is busy this week and everyone's inbox is moving too fast to keep up. 

• Like 1