Chance Me. CGPA 3.59/4.33 LSAT 160

Seeker 123

Seeker 123
  • Applicant

Hello everyone,

I am applying for law school for the fall of 2023 and I want to get an idea of my odds and if I should retake the LSAT come January.

Highest LSAT score 160.

CGPA 3.59 on a 4.33 scale.

I am applying to nine law schools in total. Dalhousie, University of Ottawa, Borsa Laskin, Queens, University of Alberta, University of Calgary, University of British Columbia, University of Victoria and Thompson River University.

I have already applied to Dal, Calgary, and all the Ontario schools.

Thank you for taking the time to chance me. I appreciate the honesty.

WestCoastBestCoast
  • Applicant

Based on previous acceptance threads I would suggest TRU is a good chance. I had higher stats (slightly) than yours last year and was rejected UBC, waitlisted UVic (eventually rejected). I've seen and read a bit about applicant numbers being down, and LSAT scores being down as well amongst applicants this year - so maybe this will influence things. 

No idea on the other schools. I would suggest depending on where you actually want to go / live, decide whether to re-write or not based on past acceptance data vs re-writing in hopes of getting accepted across the board. But that's just my 2 cents.

Best of luck!

Pittielynn
  • Law Student

I would say that you have fairly decent chances to be accepted to Dal. I havw seen some with lower stats acccepted there. Make sure you have good references and a strong PS. A maritime connection helps for them as well.