Day 3 of In-Firms...what to expect?

AnonymouseGecko

AnonymouseGecko
  • Law Student

Hey everyone, 

My "first choice" firm invites students back that they're interested in for day 3 interviews. I'm wondering what I should expect at this last interview. Will there be more questions about my resume and skills? Is it more just about showing what level of interest you have and conveying that interest to the lawyers you meet? Any insight is appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Prepare for it like you did for the other interviews. Look up the interviewers, have a few thoughtful questions in mind, remember to send thank you emails afterwards etc. 

Most likely day 3 will just be different people pitching you on the firm and assuring you that they like you. 

Don't take anything for granted but in my experience day 3 interviews are chill. The goal is just to not say anything off putting. 

Edited by QMT20
  • Like 1

AnonymouseGecko
  • Law Student
20 minutes ago, QMT20 said:

Prepare for it like you did for the other interviews. Look up the interviewers, have a few thoughtful questions in mind, remember to send thank you emails afterwards etc. 

Most likely day 3 will just be different people pitching you on the firm and assuring you that they like you. 

Don't take anything for granted but in my experience day 3 interviews are chill. The goal is just to not say anything off putting. 

Thank you! As a follow up question: I don't think I'll be receiving the names of my interviewers for tomorrow so would it be okay to start off with a broader question in a way that opens up discussion for them to talk to me about themselves at first? 

mindingmybusiness
2 minutes ago, AnonymouseGecko said:

Thank you! As a follow up question: I don't think I'll be receiving the names of my interviewers for tomorrow so would it be okay to start off with a broader question in a way that opens up discussion for them to talk to me about themselves at first? 

That’s absolutely fine. It can be a good idea to get to know the student recruitment committee if you have that info bc that can help since you’re more likely to interview with them. In general it’s fine and expected to ask open-ended questions with people you aren’t expected to know. You’ve made it this far. Hang in there!

AnonymouseGecko
  • Law Student
41 minutes ago, mindingmybusiness said:

That’s absolutely fine. It can be a good idea to get to know the student recruitment committee if you have that info bc that can help since you’re more likely to interview with them. In general it’s fine and expected to ask open-ended questions with people you aren’t expected to know. You’ve made it this far. Hang in there!

Thank you so so much! That makes me feel so much better!! 🙂

• Hugs 1