Chance me: OLSAS cGPA 3.75 | OLSAS B2 3.78 | LSAT TBD

CC11

CC11
  • Applicant

UofT St. George student -- I'm writing my first-time LSAT this Saturday, and potentially in January as well if it's below 160. Been averaging 157 over the last couple of tests, but hope to push it to 160+ on test day or in January.

I've applied to all Ontario schools, including UofT (despite the GPA and LSAT differential, I just thought why not). Hoping for Osgoode, Queens, Ottawa this cycle.

I have 3+ years experience in government relations consulting for a major international firm -- helping such a firm expand overseas for the very first time, and I am now a full time intern in a Minister's Office. LOR's are from a Minister, the CEO of the aforementioned global firm, and my undergrad thesis advisor who is also a lawyer.

Let me know what you think my chances are!

PS -- for all of those writing this week, we've got this!

Edited by CC11

Chef Justice
  • Law Student

Your cGPA is good and schools like Osgoode and Ottawa will appreciate that. If you were to write a 157 on test day, I could see Ottawa happening, with Queens and Osgoode being more unlikely.

Your B2 is just below Queen's most recent posted median and a 157 would be multiple points below their median as well. While Osgoode may be more forgiving since you're above their gpa median, a 157 is likely too low for your cGPA to make up the difference.

If you were to get a 161+, Queens and Osgoode would be much more likely and Ottawa should be a shoe-in.