transferring to allard - Any tips?

gfk15

gfk15
  • Applicant

I'm a 1L in western canada and actually really like the people and the administration. It's a very supportive environment and i'm aware the stats show very similar job prospects for UBC and the school im at overall (so this is not a prestige of school thing). but let the record show, i did not get into UBC this past cycle.

I am thinking about transferring due to some difficult circumstances I've gone through in the past couple weeks. I don't think they would count under very serious compassionate grounds, but i have no understanding or stats of how transfers work and I don't want to approach my school administration about it yet. Where it stands, I would be keen to come back to Vancouver and be closer to my friends and support system and rebuild my life there. Is there any guidance on how to navigate transfers especially to UBC? how do you get two profs to write your letters of recommendations to transfer? is it even possible if not on compassionate grounds? Does transferring affect potential 1L job searches and the OCI negatively?

Honestly anything helps 🙂

Edited by gfk15