2L, happy to answer questions!

noamlasry926
  • Applicant

I'm curious about placements for 1L summer and 2L summer. has anyone made it to any bay street firms? if so how many? is there good recruitment? Thank you for your insights.

• 3 weeks later...
thesamasaurus
On 11/14/2022 at 9:00 AM, noamlasry926 said:

I'm curious about placements for 1L summer and 2L summer. has anyone made it to any bay street firms? if so how many? is there good recruitment? Thank you for your insights.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I believe LASL is competitive for the regulated recruits, and our numbers will continue to get better as the school develops. The year above mine had around 18% of students land placements through the 2L recruit, and that was around the middle of the pack for Ontario schools. I believe it was lower than U of T, Osgoode, Queens and Western and higher than the other schools in Ontario. My personal experience was that I was offered interviews from most of the firms I applied to through the OCI process, and the other support from the university, including interview prep, etc was generally well organized. 

• 3 months later...
Nikolaw
  • Law School Admit

Thanks for doing this! I have been accepted to TMU and Windsor but will probably end up at TMU because I live in Toronto and don't want to leave. The only thing that gives me pause is the lack of a legal clinic. Working at a clinic is one of the things I am looking forward to most about law school, and I am considering a career as a clinic lawyer. I read that there are placements available at legal clinics around the city. What is your experience with this? Do people in your program find it easy to get this kind of experience? Can you take a clinic for course credit? Thanks again for taking the time to answer questions!