Please Chance Me! OLSAS Converted CGPA: 3.63, B2/L2: 3.74, LSAT: 161

Fire23

Fire23
  • Applicant

Hi I applied to Osgoode, Queens and Western. ECs are average with volunteer work and club involvement in uni. PS are good in my opinion. Just wondering if I need a higher LSAT considering Queen's and Western's FAQs indicate my stats are already competitive. I know Osgoode is much more holistic. Any advice would be appreciated!

Edited by Fire23
removed unnecessary detail

Naj
  • Law Student

Maybe someone else with more insight will come along, but from my understanding Osgoode is not more holistic than the others, they perhaps can be if an applicants circumstance is compelling for one reason or another, but since you haven't provided any information indicating that would be the case, I'm assuming there isn't much within your application that would warrant a more holistic approach than would be typically granted. EC's, volunteer, and club involvement may help your application but not in a way that would compel admissions to give your LSAT and GPA less weight in their assessment of you relative to other applicants. A holistic approach doesn't necessitate a reduced reliance on GPA/LSAT, it seems to be more of an admission that the committee will consider other aspects of your application in addition to your GPA and LSAT. 

Given that Osgoode has a higher GPA/LSAT requirement than Queens and Western, as per historic admission stats, amongst those schools you've listed if there's one that does generally require a higher LSAT score it would be Osgoode. 

Edited by Naj
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Fire23
  • Applicant
On 11/13/2022 at 9:14 AM, Naj said:

Maybe someone else with more insight will come along, but from my understanding Osgoode is not more holistic than the others, they perhaps can be if an applicants circumstance is compelling for one reason or another, but since you haven't provided any information indicating that would be the case, I'm assuming there isn't much within your application that would warrant a more holistic approach than would be typically granted. EC's, volunteer, and club involvement may help your application but not in a way that would compel admissions to give your LSAT and GPA less weight in their assessment of you relative to other applicants. A holistic approach doesn't necessitate a reduced reliance on GPA/LSAT, it seems to be more of an admission that the committee will consider other aspects of your application in addition to your GPA and LSAT. 

Given that Osgoode has a higher GPA/LSAT requirement than Queens and Western, as per historic admission stats, amongst those schools you've listed if there's one that does generally require a higher LSAT score it would be Osgoode. 

Okay thank you for the insight! Based on your response do you think my stats are competitive for all 3 schools?