Anyone else completely blank out during the interview?

Blink098
  • Applicant

Just completed my online assessment and I completely bombed the first question. I got so nervous I couldn't think beyond the word "uhm" started a sentence panicked , restarted a sentence panicked and then went dead silent because of how nervous I was. Well I am confident that I will not be accepted after that lol .

They get hundreds if not thousands of these interviews and no one does them perfectly. You're hyper focused on your on small errors, as anyone would be, but in the grander scheme of things it probably won't even be noticed. 

Further, the interview is only a small portion of your application. Unless you gave the performance of a lifetime or spent the whole time yelling slurs, it probably won't be much of a factor. 

Chewy
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, LMP said:

…or spent the whole time yelling slurs, it probably won't be much of a factor. 

Ah shit..

• LOL 1

mr.nobody
  • Applicant

Dude yes!!!

I did somewhat okay on the video questions but I ran out of time on my written and literally cut off mid word.. Really hope other parts of my application are strong enough that this doesn't blow it for me. 

ruthlessfox
  • Law Student
23 hours ago, LMP said:

They get hundreds if not thousands of these interviews and no one does them perfectly. You're hyper focused on your on small errors, as anyone would be, but in the grander scheme of things it probably won't even be noticed. 

Further, the interview is only a small portion of your application. Unless you gave the performance of a lifetime or spent the whole time yelling slurs, it probably won't be much of a factor. 

Agree. I can't speak specifically for TMU, but often times these timed video interviews only really make a difference if you come across as uniquely compelling via video in a way that wasn't captured by other written and quantitative aspects of your application. In other words, they can help you, but won't hurt you unless you do something outrageous or obscene.

Edited by ruthlessfox

Pizzaandpasta
  • Applicant

Lol my first question was a written one and the actual question didn’t even show up, it just said that I had to type “I agree” in order to comply with Kira Talent’s terms and conditions or whatever so I typed “I agree” thinking it would lead me to the actual question on another page and after pressing submit, it just led me to the second question which was a video one. So for one of my written ones I literally wrote “I agree”. What the fuckkkkkkkkkkkk lol :(

NobleP
  • Law School Admit
On 11/17/2022 at 12:16 AM, Pizzaandpasta said:

Lol my first question was a written one and the actual question didn’t even show up, it just said that I had to type “I agree” in order to comply with Kira Talent’s terms and conditions or whatever so I typed “I agree” thinking it would lead me to the actual question on another page and after pressing submit, it just led me to the second question which was a video one. So for one of my written ones I literally wrote “I agree”. What the fuckkkkkkkkkkkk lol 😞

Thats what I did too. It was only 1 written part which was the last one after 3 video questions. I believe the first writing only required you to say "I agree" if not, this is really embarrassing loool 

• Like 1

multigraincheerio
  • Law School Admit

Late to the party here, but yes! Came here to seek some comfort. Felt very awkward about the whole thing. Comfort from this forum = sought.