Chances?! LSAT 150, CGPA 3.70, B2 3.96, Best 20: 4.0

rubywins

rubywins
  • Applicant

Hey everyone! Happy to receive any feedback!

I have pretty good work experience, completed three internship positions relating to law, lots of ECs and community involvement, and strong PS and references. Also my GPA shows an upward trend.

Applied to TMU (access), Osgoode (access), Ottawa (access), and Windsor single JD (general)... I know I have a low LSAT score, but do I have any chance at getting accepted somewhere? 

LSAT: 150

CGPA: 3.70

B2: 3.96

Top 20 courses: 4.0

danytea
  • Applicant

To be honest, I feel that you should increase your LSAT to at least high 150s for others, 160s for Osgoode (i don't think they have a separate access category anymore?). Your GPA is good.

• Like 1

ruthlessfox
  • Law Student

You already know about your LSAT score, which is what will hold you back. I'm not sure the extent to which anyone can really help here, because while it is possible that you can get in to some of those schools with your stats as is, it will be extremely discretionary and probably quite late in the cycle if it does happen.

I would focus on improving your LSAT score, preferably to 160+.

• Like 2

JusticeBeaver
  • Law School Admit

Does Osgoode still have an access category? I didn't see it on OLSAS or anywhere on the website. Just curious if I totally overlooked it.

Turtles
  • Law Student
21 minutes ago, JusticeBeaver said:

Does Osgoode still have an access category? I didn't see it on OLSAS or anywhere on the website. Just curious if I totally overlooked it.

Osgoode has Part B of the usual application which allows you to raise any access issues you want. It's discussed extensively on the Osgoode forum. 

OP, invest in raising your LSAT. How much have you studied so far? And what was your approach? It might be time to book the January exam and invest in a course -- whether in-person or online. Based on your GPA, it would be surprising if you couldn't raise your LSAT if you put in the effort and tried some different strategies. That might be much more preferable than rolling the dice on a 150 hoping a school will look past it, where the consequence of not getting in may mean delaying your school plans by a whole year. 

• Like 1

rubywins
  • Applicant
On 11/19/2022 at 10:46 AM, ZukoJD said:

What was your baseline LSAT score? 

I was scoring in between 153 and 156 on PTs but I totally overwhelmed myself on the real thing and scored a 150😞

On 11/19/2022 at 1:35 PM, Turtles said:

Osgoode has Part B of the usual application which allows you to raise any access issues you want. It's discussed extensively on the Osgoode forum. 

OP, invest in raising your LSAT. How much have you studied so far? And what was your approach? It might be time to book the January exam and invest in a course -- whether in-person or online. Based on your GPA, it would be surprising if you couldn't raise your LSAT if you put in the effort and tried some different strategies. That might be much more preferable than rolling the dice on a 150 hoping a school will look past it, where the consequence of not getting in may mean delaying your school plans by a whole year. 

Yeah you're right, I definitely want to raise my LSAT score if possible. I studied for a few months using The LSAT Trainer book and taking PTs, though I know taking a course would've been helpful. Would I still be able to take the January LSAT even though I said in my applications I'm not planning to?

ZukoJD
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, rubywins said:

I was scoring in between 153 and 156 on PTs but I totally overwhelmed myself on the real thing and scored a 150😞

Yeah you're right, I definitely want to raise my LSAT score if possible. I studied for a few months using The LSAT Trainer book and taking PTs, though I know taking a course would've been helpful. Would I still be able to take the January LSAT even though I said in my applications I'm not planning to?

The average of your last 5 PT scores minus 2-3 points is a good rule of thumb for what you’ll score on test day. So keep working at the LSAT with that in mind. 

• Like 1