LSAT Fee Waiver

GoBigOrGoHome

GoBigOrGoHome
  • Law Student

As I procrastinate, I wanted to let give you some tips for the LSAT fee waiver. 

You can apply for it as a Canadian student. Make sure to submit an excessive amount of information. Don't make the mistake that I did and assume you submit everything later. Given the recession, difference in USD-CAD, etc. I imagine that many of you will need it. 

If you are thinking of going to law school, apply for the fee waiver now. Submit literally everything. Tenancy agreements, news articles showing the high cost of living in your city, bank statements, notice of assessments, prescription receipts, a budget, etc. They seem to want an obscene amount of information pretty much wanting people to be destitute before giving it. With the high cost of living, I am sure that doing the LSAT will make you destitute. 

When approved, keep in mind other discounts. Eg. 7sage offers LSAT training at a discount. Contact the respective school that you want to apply to and ask whether they have a fee waiver. I don't know what things are like now, but UBC had me submit a paper application, UVIC had some kind of backend way that they dealt with my application, and UofA + TRU didn't have a fee waiver. 

It is expensive to apply to even hope to be part of the law school journey and you might be limited by how many schools you can apply to. Having an LSAC fee waiver will help significantly so it doesn't hurt to apply. 

I had to go through an appeal process and eventually it was approved. But don't make the mistake I did. 

• Like 2