UBC - 3.20/163/Strong ECs ( CHANCE PLS )

fc123

fc123
  • Applicant

Hi all, have been reluctant to post here mainly due to being insecure seeing all the high stats but here goes nothin... 

**Looking for honest chance at UBC,** my application is complete and I have applied discretionary due to medical condition and extreme financial disadvantage. 

GPA: CGPA: 3.2 (with drops)

L20: 3.1 (medical condition occurred during this time). Prior to my financial disadvantage + medical challenges by GPA was around 3.5. 

LSAT: 163

Over 5 years of work experience, part of which were in a management role. 2 years of volunteer experience involved within the community. Business owner for just over 5 years but closed due to the pandemic. 

Give it to me straight .. do I stand a chance? I know my GPA is a lagging factor but curious to think what everything else thinks based on my EC's/LSAT. Open to retaking the LSAT in Jan as well if that is what's needed. 

fc123
  • Applicant
29 minutes ago, Patient0L said:

You are not out of the running if you applied discretionary.

Appreciate this, considering rewriting Jan LSAT and try to get my LSAT to UBC median or higher. I feel like this will increase my chances immensely.

Turtles
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, familiarcherry said:

Hi all, have been reluctant to post here mainly due to being insecure seeing all the high stats but here goes nothin... 

**Looking for honest chance at UBC,** my application is complete and I have applied discretionary due to medical condition and extreme financial disadvantage. 

GPA: CGPA: 3.2 (with drops)

L20: 3.1 (medical condition occurred during this time). Prior to my financial disadvantage + medical challenges by GPA was around 3.5. 

LSAT: 163

Over 5 years of work experience, part of which were in a management role. 2 years of volunteer experience involved within the community. Business owner for just over 5 years but closed due to the pandemic. 

Give it to me straight .. do I stand a chance? I know my GPA is a lagging factor but curious to think what everything else thinks based on my EC's/LSAT. Open to retaking the LSAT in Jan as well if that is what's needed. 

You might have a better shot at other law schools. UBC is one of the most competitive for entrance. Have you considered applying to any others?

Patient0L
  • Law Student
7 hours ago, familiarcherry said:

Appreciate this, considering rewriting Jan LSAT and try to get my LSAT to UBC median or higher. I feel like this will increase my chances immensely.

You might want to call admissions and ask what they think. They are very helpful. I was debating whether or not to rewrite. They actually told me that it wouldn’t make a difference! 

YMMV tho. My score was a bit above their median…

fc123
  • Applicant
8 hours ago, Turtles said:

You might have a better shot at other law schools. UBC is one of the most competitive for entrance. Have you considered applying to any others?

I have applied to TRU and UVIC as well. Mainly trying to stay within BC. 

2 hours ago, Patient0L said:

You might want to call admissions and ask what they think. They are very helpful. I was debating whether or not to rewrite. They actually told me that it wouldn’t make a difference! 

YMMV tho. My score was a bit above their median…

Wow I didn’t realize I could do this! Last cycle some individuals with lower stats got in but with higher LSAT’s, considering a rewrite for sure. What were your stats?