Orientation and First Week of Classes

TheBarbieDoll

TheBarbieDoll
  • Law Student

How is orientation and the first week of classes like at Osgoode? Hows the transition into law school

Obi-wan
  • Articling Student

Orientation usually starts 1 week before the ELGC (ethical lawyering) intensive begins. There is a week of activities, getting to know your classmates, profs, the school etc. Last year, there were some in-person events and many virtual events. After orientation week, ELGC begins and lasts 2 weeks. The intensive, depending on your prof, is a mix of lecture and seminar classes, with some group work, lots of readings, and one paper assignment. Once ELGC ends, fall courses begin. I found that schedule to really help with the transition to law school. It was nice to get a taste of what law school class was like, without having the burden of a full course load. Obviously ELGC is not like a regular law school doctrinal course, but it did help me gain insight into what being in a law school class was like.

• Like 3

Happy
  • Law Student

Is someone able to tell me what the 1L schedule that is posted on MyOsgoode looks like? When terms, breaks, exams are etc.? I am having difficulty accessing the MyOsgoode portal. ITS is looking into it but I am just curious.

Edited by Happy

Sacamano
  • Law Student
4 minutes ago, Happy said:

Is someone able to tell me what the 1L schedule that is posted on MyOsgoode looks like? When terms, breaks, exams are etc.? I am having difficulty accessing the MyOsgoode portal. ITS is looking into it but I am just curious.

Let me know if this is what you meant.Sessional Dates - 2021-2022 - Updated June 25 2021 (2).pdf