Accepted to Saskatchewan 2023

JPTRB
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

2023applicant
  • Applicant

Accepted today!

Applied discretionary.

B2: 82/83
LSAT: 163
I have quite a bit of work and volunteer experience
Strong Sask connection 

Sill waiting on an offer, but probably will be accepting 🙂 

marbles.11
  • Applicant

Accepted yesterday! I assumed it was a rejection and didn't open the email until today. Safe to say I was shocked!

B2: 3.36

LSAT: 163

I am from BC and my My top choices are UBC and TRU so my decision to accept will be based on the outcome of those applications. Deadline to accept is May 24th. 

Accepted today! Deadline to accept was May 24th and I will be attending! B2: 83% LSAT: 161. Strong Sask connection, applied regular category.

northernjet
  • Law School Admit

Accepted today! 

B2: 3.7/4.0 on USask scale (converted from Uvic)

Lsat: 159 

Yukon Resident. Strong Saskatchewan connection.

Unique ECs: Manager and Coach for two sports for Team Yukon, helped develop the only crisis line here in the Yukon with the Canadian Mental Health Association - Yukon, lots of volunteer experience, currently working as a Legal Assistant and Notary Public. 

Unsure if I will accept as I am waiting to hear from Victoria but it is a strong chance I will accept my seat here. 

Deadline to accept is May 30th

• Like 1

uhaulpartyguy
  • Law Student

Here to give the low LSAT scorers hope. 

accepted in regular category with 147 LSAT and a 4.15/4.3 GPA (91 average) in the BComm finance program. Only have 75 credits so I used my cumulative GPA instead of B2.

Minor Sask connection and strong softs with playing elite hockey and working in Indigenous communities. 

will be accepting

• Like 1

legallybrunette13
  • Applicant

Accepted this morning (letter dated May 15) regular category. 

156 LSAT score (fourth and best LSAT), approx a 82% GPA (3.7 I would guess) B2. 

Quite a bit of volunteer experience, four and a half years work experience (just over half a year with the ORT as a dispute resolution facilitator, almost 4 years with Prosecutions as a legal assistant). THIRD YEAR applying - 3rd times the charm, lol. 

Very strong Sask connection, born and raised and currently living in Sask. USask is my first choice! 

I have accepted and paid the deposit already! 

• Like 1

ralphberger
  • Applicant

Accepted this morning, email at 2am. 156 lsat, 3.8 B2 gpa, BSc, 100+ hours of volunteering. 

will be accepting and paying the deposit. 

no sask connection, applied regular 

• Like 1

kevinmcallister
  • Applicant

Accepted! Letter dated May 19th, 159 LSAT, 3.6/4.3 without drops. Most likely attending unless I hear from somewhere closer to home! No sask connection.

Edited by kevinmcallister
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Psychedforpsych
  • Applicant

Accepted May 2nd

160 LSAT and 83% average 

Did my undergrad at Usask so strong Sask connection. Strong ECs — TA for three years, did research with professors, and involved in numerous student groups. Applied discretionary

Will be declining as I got accepted elsewhere and want to try somewhere new!

Edited by Psychedforpsych

wonderwoman223
  • Applicant

Accepted May 12th

161 LSAT, GPA 3.4/4.0 

No Saskatchewan connection. I will most likely be accepting! 

• Like 1

lilac
  • Law School Admit

Accepted at the beginning of this week. 

151 LSAT 😩🔫, cGPA 3.9/4.0

No Saskatchewan connection and applied in the regular category literally on the last day. Still deciding, but will most likely attend. 

Edited by lilac
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lilac said:

No Saskatchewan connection and applied in the regular category literally on the last day. Still deciding, but will most likely attend. 

Do you mind me asking what exactly your cGPA and best 2 average was? Also, what were your softs? Do you have another option or are you OK with the Sasky winter? Lol.

lilac
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, Jaxon said:

Do you mind me asking what exactly your cGPA and best 2 average was? Also, what were your softs? Do you have another option or are you OK with the Sasky winter? Lol.

My best 2 average is a 4.0/4.0, I’m a business major so it was fr just colouring in the lines for me LMAO. I applied to Sask as a backup to my backup a week before the deadline so it was really sloppy. I have a lot of softs, but reading over my PS right now, I didn’t mention any of them wth… The only soft that got recorded in my application was that I participated in an exchange program for a semester. Oh and I said a cringy one-liner on the part that asked me if I had a connection to the province.

I only applied to both the Alberta schools, TRU, and Sask. I only got into the latter two, and I think I’m only picking Sask just because the cost of living is so much lower than Kamloops. I did my exchange in Iceland so hopefully I’ll be better than okay! 😂😂

Where did you apply to for this cycle, and did you hear back from any yet?

Edited by lilac

3 hours ago, lilac said:

My best 2 average is a 4.0/4.0, I’m a business major so it was fr just colouring in the lines for me LMAO. I applied to Sask as a backup to my backup a week before the deadline so it was really sloppy. I have a lot of softs, but reading over my PS right now, I didn’t mention any of them wth… The only soft that got recorded in my application was that I participated in an exchange program for a semester. Oh and I said a cringy one-liner on the part that asked me if I had a connection to the province.

I only applied to both the Alberta schools, TRU, and Sask. I only got into the latter two, and I think I’m only picking Sask just because the cost of living is so much lower than Kamloops. I did my exchange in Iceland so hopefully I’ll be better than okay! 😂😂

Where did you apply to for this cycle, and did you hear back from any yet?

You got into TRU?! 😩 so jealous. I I got waitlisted there in April, and am waiting, desperately.… my stats are a little lower than yours… It’s just the most beautiful place in the country and I figure I’ll make money as a lawyer to cover my extra living costs. Lol. I got waitlisted for Sask yesterday, but definitely my second choice. Congratulations! You have lots of options.

lilac
  • Law School Admit
5 hours ago, Jaxon said:

You got into TRU?! 😩 so jealous. I I got waitlisted there in April, and am waiting, desperately.… my stats are a little lower than yours… It’s just the most beautiful place in the country and I figure I’ll make money as a lawyer to cover my extra living costs. Lol. I got waitlisted for Sask yesterday, but definitely my second choice. Congratulations! You have lots of options.

Good luck and congratulations to you too! I hope you get into the one you want. It's hard to decide between the two especially since I am not particularly pulled to one or the other. I want to go back to Alberta, and I think Sask is good because they have a larger alumni pool? I still have time to think about it, but I hope whatever choice I make, it's the right one. 😊

smileycookie8
  • Applicant

Just got accepted yesterday at 4 pm! Got the email I was placed on the waitlist (around the middle of this month) and saw the email last night! Applied in discretionary/access category. 

LSAT: 150

GPA: 86 average = 3.8/4.0 (OLSAS Scale)

No Sask connection

I'm surprised I got in! But I had fairly strong EC's with community evolvement and put a lot of work into my personal statement. 

Still thinking about the offer after hearing back from the rest of the schools. 

On 6/16/2023 at 11:22 PM, lilac said:

Good luck and congratulations to you too! I hope you get into the one you want. It's hard to decide between the two especially since I am not particularly pulled to one or the other. I want to go back to Alberta, and I think Sask is good because they have a larger alumni pool? I still have time to think about it, but I hope whatever choice I make, it's the right one. 😊

I think TRU is better for BC and Alberta, Sask grads typically live in Sask from what I’ve heard from other lawyers 

• Like 1

Accepted last week.

LSAT: 156 

GPA: 80% average or 3.4 GPA. Strong Sask Connection. 

Very strong extracurriculars and put a lot of work into my personal statement. I submitted my application on the deadline date. Found out through the portal just by chance. 

Accepted the offer and I will be attending. Class of 2026 LFG!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 9:37 AM, Lawman said:

Accepted last week.

LSAT: 156 

GPA: 80% average or 3.4 GPA. Strong Sask Connection. 

Very strong extracurriculars and put a lot of work into my personal statement. I submitted my application on the deadline date. Found out through the portal just by chance. 

Accepted the offer and I will be attending. Class of 2026 LFG!!

Were you taken off the waitlist or just directly accepted?

ellemm
  • Law Student
On 6/16/2023 at 8:36 AM, lilac said:

Congrats! It's weird because I have almost the same stats as you (higher B2 GPA) and got rejected... it's so strange how some of these schools work. 

smileycookie8
  • Applicant
20 hours ago, ellkay said:

Congrats! It's weird because I have almost the same stats as you (higher B2 GPA) and got rejected... it's so strange how some of these schools work. 

Did you get accepted to any other schools? I am surprised there are individuals with the same stats getting different results... maybe the EC's and personal statement make a big impact?

lilac
  • Law School Admit
On 6/23/2023 at 7:25 AM, Jaxon said:

I think TRU is better for BC and Alberta, Sask grads typically live in Sask from what I’ve heard from other lawyers 

I decided on attending TRU! Good luck to you, and I hope that you get accepted so we can become friends hehe ❤️

On 7/6/2023 at 4:53 PM, ellkay said:

Thank you for your congratulations. The admission committee's process remains ever elusive, I guess. They must have found something they really liked about me!

• 2 months later...
RealOj
  • Applicant

Congratulations!! 
I am just considering the LSAT now. Do you recommend getting the admission before taking the test?

soundofconfusion
  • Law Student
25 minutes ago, RealOj said:

Congratulations!! 
I am just considering the LSAT now. Do you recommend getting the admission before taking the test?

There's no way to gain admission to a Canadian school without it, unless you're Francophone and applying to McGill.

Edited by soundofconfusion

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
2 hours ago, RealOj said:

Congratulations!! 

1 hour ago, soundofconfusion said:

There's no way to gain admission to a Canadian school without it, unless you're Francophone and applying to McGill.

That aside, what on earth would anyone think would be the purpose of taking the "Law School Admission Test" after already having secured admission to a law school?

• Like 1

• Ryn locked this topic
  • Renerik unpinned this topic