LSAT Cancellation

Dano

Dano
  • Applicant

Hello, I currently sit at a 3.66 cGPA but my future grades aren't in yet, of course. I got a 150 on my first ever LSAT which I can still cancel and I plan to re-write in January. The question is, do I cancel? I believe it's free as well, but that's just a side note.

GoatDuck
  • Law Student

I would cancel. You'd generally want to get at least into the high 150s, preferably low-mid 160 to get a shot at gaining admission. 

Mr. Blue
  • Applicant

Did you buy the LSAT score preview? If I'm not mistaken, it costs $45 before writing the LSAT and $75 after to have the ability to cancel your score, and you cannot purchase it after the score is released. 

Dano
  • Applicant
Just now, Mr. Blue said:

Did you buy the LSAT score preview? If I'm not mistaken, it costs $45 before writing the LSAT and $75 after to have the ability to cancel your score, and you cannot purchase it after the score is released. 

Yeah, I have it. It's just more so a question as to if I should use it or not.

Naj
  • Law Student

If you're at the 150 range then studying up until the January LSAT should net you some increase in your score, so probably cancel if its free. Ultimately, whatever you do its not a big deal unless you're applying to a school that averages your LSAT score in the case of more than 1 take. 

I wouldn't be so concerned about the optics as long as you eventually end up with a better score. 

Edited by Naj

Chewy
  • Law School Admit

Cancel for sure, but do you think you're able to make a big jump come January? What have you been PTing at recently? 

angelica97
  • Paralegal Student

Definitely cancel the 150. What are you PTing at right now? 

Also, you posted "chance me" posts before with 159 and 162 LSATs. Is 150 your first and only LSAT score? Just confused