Chances

abcd1234

Hey guys. I recently got a 158 on the LSAT and am completely devastated as I was hoping for anywhere above 160. My CGPA is 3.75 and B2/L2 is somewhere around 3.8. What are the odds of me getting in with these grades? I heard that the grades required for acceptance are getting much more competitive every year... Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

TheBarbieDoll
  • Law Student

well i had a 151 lsat, with a 3.77 cgpa, 3.86 b2/l2 and i got accepted to osgoode n western. there is always a chance but maybe not the biggest chance.

13 minutes ago, dimsum1 said:

Are you looking to get in General or a discretionary category?

General

11 minutes ago, TheBarbieDoll said:

well i had a 151 lsat, with a 3.77 cgpa, 3.86 b2/l2 and i got accepted to osgoode n western. there is always a chance but maybe not the biggest chance.

Did you apply general? Did you also have any other characteristics that would have made you an attractive candidate on top of your GPA?

TheBarbieDoll
  • Law Student
54 minutes ago, abcd1234 said:

General

Did you apply general? Did you also have any other characteristics that would have made you an attractive candidate on top of your GPA?

general. & yeah; diversity and equity

luckycharm
1 hour ago, abcd1234 said:

Hey guys. I recently got a 158 on the LSAT and am completely devastated as I was hoping for anywhere above 160. My CGPA is 3.75 and B2/L2 is somewhere around 3.8. What are the odds of me getting in with these grades? I heard that the grades required for acceptance are getting much more competitive every year... Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Is your CGPA per OLSAS basis?

158 is not competitive for a general category applicant.

Meryl
  • Law Student

It’s hard to determine because it’s going to depend on the strength of your personal statement and extracurriculars. A 158 isn’t ideal but your cGPA is strong. If the rest of your application can make up for your LSAT, then I’d think you have a decent chance. People often forget that Osgoode is a holistic school.

Disbarred
  • Law Student

If you’re applying for next cycle you should register for at least 2 more LSAT takes, goes September and October back to back or something of that nature and maximize your score and chances 

Sacamano
  • Law Student
58 minutes ago, luckycharm said:

Unless your cGPA is 3.9+, that is.

But yes, with a mid 3.7-3.8, there were plenty of candidates this cycle who were waitlisted or haven't heard back at all, with their 3.7's and lsat's in the range of 160-164. Without a truly high end gpa of 3.9+, you're going to likely need to bump that lsat up a few points.

There's always a chance though as it stands. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 10:03 AM, luckycharm said:

Yes, my CGPA is per OLSAS basis. What would you say is a competitive score?

Happy
  • Law Student

I got in this year with a 163 and CGPA of 3.75 and a B2/L2 around 3.83. It may still not be enough unfortunately as there is no way to know how competitive the cycle will be or how many applications Osgoode will get. I would rewrite since you have the time. Do not be discouraged. I found the LSAT the second time was much smoother for me since I knew what to expect and had less nerves. Best of luck!

Nishaboy
  • Law School Admit

For what it’s worth,

I got into Osgoode, Queens, Western and Ryerson this year with a 158/3.84 cGPA. I put my entire heart and soul into my personal statement and essays. I do not think it would hurt to write the LSAT again to try to improve your score, but a 158 & your cGPA does not completely ruin your chances!

Edited by Nishaboy
  • Like 1

luckycharm
6 hours ago, abcd1234 said:

Yes, my CGPA is per OLSAS basis. What would you say is a competitive score?

2020 and prior 162+

2021 - probably a bit higher

• Like 1