2.65 CGPA B2 3.01 Highest Semester 3.78 (4th year) LSAT 160

Legalbeaver

Legalbeaver
  • Applicant

I know my stats are not the best but I have strong recommendation letters from professors and employers, Full Time work experience post undergrad as a Project Coordiantor, I applied in the access category where I could due to financial struggles I worked throughout my undergrad and struggled with mental health (I also provided medical documentation). I took extra courses after university where I got an A in an intro to project management course at U of T and an A+ in a college level course. I also have volunteer experience organizing a donation drive, and removing graffiti from my community.

Realistically can I expect to get accepted anywhere in Ontario this year? I've applied to all except for the "top tier" schools. I also got accepted to CWRU (law school in Cleveland) last year with a 3/4 scholarship but was unable to attend because it was so expensive even with the scholarship (I don't qualify for a loan to attend an American school as I am Canadian). 

Highly unlikely you get in anywhere in Ontario this cycle. Unfortunately you're below the GPA/L2 median at every school by a lot. I know of some mature students that were admitted with your stats but they had LSAT's above a 165 and they were, as mentioned, mature applicants. This is not to say that it is impossible for you to attend law school, just be aware of the barriers ahead that significantly reduce your chances of admission.

JusticeBeaver
  • Law School Admit

Not entirely certain which schools you applied for (not sure which you consider in top-tier), but you may have better chances at schools like TMU that look at B20 or schools with drops if your grades reflect much better with those calculations. Chances are probably low otherwise just based on the stats you provided. Access is kind of a wild card, it depends on the claim and how compelling it is, so it's hard to tell. 

Unfortunately the college program won't help and no schools in Ontario will look at only a last semester for any admission-based decisions. If this year doesn't work out, I would consider doing a post-degree bachelor program somewhere (at a uni), they're usually only one to three years long after transferring credits from your first degree and it's a great way to bump up your GPA and/or show academic potential. I don't think classes from schools of continuing education can count towards GPA's either and I'm not sure how much schools consider them, but enrolling in another undergrad program of some kind would probably be the best bet for raising a GPA should this year not work out. I also agree that a significant LSAT bump would go a long way. Did you register for the January LSAT?