Chance me PLEASE (i am begging) UGPA: 3.71 LSAT: 158

legalqu33n

legalqu33n
  • Applicant

I have applied to Queen's, UBC, and UVIC. My LSAC GPA is showing as 3.71, but I know some of these schools take your top few marks or just your last two years, in which case it is closer to 4.0.

My softs are decent I think (wide range of work, extracurricular, and volunteer activities), and I have 3 LORs: one shows community service, one is from a prof, and the other is from an employer that's pretty good. 

My LSAT (158) is ridiculously mediocre but I was not able to retake it this cycle. I am SO anxious looking at the threads on this website, I wish I had applied to more schools. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Edited by legalqu33n

Byzantine
  • Law Student

For UBC and I think UVIC you’ll find formula on this site so you can estimate your index score and chances of admission. 

UBC assesses GPA on a percentage basis so it’s not clear how it would come out without manually converting. That said I don’t think you’ll get into UBC due to your LSAT score. I think the median admitted applicant has something like 165. 

not sure about the other two. I can say say that UVIC has a chart somewhere that shows previously admitted applicants plotted by GPA and LSAT, try to find that. 

Pittielynn
  • Law Student

I have to agree. The GPA is great but your LSAT hurts. You'll maybe land on a wait list but if you can, retaking might be the best option. 

Chewy
  • Law School Admit

Assuming you've applied general, I don't think your chances are very good. TRU, Dalhousie, and Saskatchewan, and Windsor's applications are still open. You can apply to those still and try your luck. Otherwise, retake the LSAT.

Lilbb19
  • Articling Student

I got rejected 3 cycles in a row with similar stats at UVIC and UBC. You definitely need >160 for these schools.  I wouldnt rule you out of queens though. 

Edited by Lilbb19

legalqu33n
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, Lilbb19 said:

I got rejected 3 cycles in a row with similar stats at UVIC and UBC. You definitely need >160 for these schools.  I wouldnt rule you out of queens though. 

Can I ask how you dealt with being rejected for multiple cycles? I don't know how I will respond to not being accepted anywhere and waiting a whole year for another cycle. I keep thinking about all the money and work that went into it 😞