1L Recruit 2023

paulAllensCard

paulAllensCard
  • Law Student

Haven’t seen a thread for this one yet, any idea when ITC/PFOs are coming for the Toronto 1L recruit?

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer

Given the deadline was yesterday, I wouldn’t expect much news until Friday at the earliest. Most firms will probably send something next week. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, penguin123 said:

Anyone hear anything from the Toronto firms regarding ITCs/PFOs?

Still waiting. Judging from the timelines in last year's thread, these are both coming out later this time around.

• Like 1

lawschooldream
  • Applicant
8 hours ago, penguin123 said:

Anyone hear anything from the Toronto firms regarding ITCs/PFOs?

I got an ITC for BLG … still waiting to hear from the rest of the firms for ITCs and PFOs.

Debtful
  • Applicant
7 minutes ago, lawschooldream said:

I got an ITC for BLG … still waiting to hear from the rest of the firms for ITCs and PFOs.

When did you hear? would you share your stats/school?

LiveLawandProsper
  • Law Student

Got an ITC from McMillan early this morning. (U of T, decent grades and work experience)

LilSeedling
  • Applicant

I'm just wondering what 'call day' on Feb 3rd at 8am is referring to as per the LSO guidelines? I had assumed this was the day all firms got back to students about ITC/PFO, but it seems I misunderstood!

3 minutes ago, LilSeedling said:

I'm just wondering what 'call day' on Feb 3rd at 8am is referring to as per the LSO guidelines? I had assumed this was the day all firms got back to students about ITC/PFO, but it seems I misunderstood!

The ITC indicates an intent to call on Call Day. 

So on Feb 3rd, firms that are interested in you will call and arrange an interview. If you don't get a call, you didn't get an interview. 

LilSeedling
  • Applicant
2 minutes ago, LMP said:

The ITC indicates an intent to call on Call Day. 

So on Feb 3rd, firms that are interested in you will call and arrange an interview. If you don't get a call, you didn't get an interview. 

Ah - that makes sense, thank you! And do most firms get back to you regarding ITC/PFO before call day? Or does call day sometimes end up being a surprise??

3 minutes ago, LilSeedling said:

Ah - that makes sense, thank you! And do most firms get back to you regarding ITC/PFO before call day? Or does call day sometimes end up being a surprise??

It can be a surprise, I've had a few shockers come through. Though if a firm is giving everyone else ITCs and you didn't get one, not a great sign. 

ItMe
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, Debtful said:

Does anyone know if the ITCs are school specific? Is it just one massive email wave per firm? 

I got an ITC from Sherrard Kuzz at roughly the same time as the other poster, and I don’t go to UofT. 

fwiw, it seems like a huge administrative hassle to do school-specific waves for a very small recruit. 

Edited by ItMe

Ilovepopcorn
  • Law Student
18 minutes ago, ItMe said:

I got an ITC from Sherrard Kuzz at roughly the same time as the other poster, and I don’t go to UofT. 

fwiw, it seems like a huge administrative hassle to do school-specific waves for a very small recruit. 

What school do you go to? 

Edited by Ilovepopcorn