Chance me please! CGPA 3.74 L2/B2 3.77 JAN LSAT 158

Futurelaw

Futurelaw
  • Applicant

I am in my 4th year of undergrad as of right now. I have a lot of extracurricular activities (part of many university clubs) and volunteer experiences (i.e., working with youth within marginalized communities), 3 strong references, awarded dean's list scholar, and I believe I have very strong personal statements that tie in my story and hardships (i.e., I come from a single mother low-income household, took on the care of my mother due to her illness during undergrad) I also struggle with severe anxiety which I also discussed.

I applied to UofT, Osgoode, TMU (Ryerson), and Western.

For UofT I did complete the optional essay. 

For Ryerson and Western I applied to the access category. For Osgoode I filled out Part B (optional). 

For Ryerson's scale for the best 20 courses I have a 4.0/4.33

You've got a pretty strong application, but unfortunately that LSAT isn't doing you any favours. UofT is  almost certainly not happening, I don't like speaking in absolutes but I wouldn't expect an acceptance from them. 

The other three schools are harder to predict because they will have to determine what weight they assign to your access claim. Your Ryerson application seems solid as your stats, regardless of access claim, seem to be competitive for their program. I personally think it likely you get an acceptance here. 

You do fall short of the medians at Osgoode and Western but as I said it'll really come down to how they look at your application as a whole. Both are entirely possible but far from guaranteed.  

• Like 1