UVic Chances?

Myo

Myo
  • Applicant

Lsat 163 (83rd percentile)

Cgpa = 3.82 

Dropped gpa = 4.00 (self-calculated)

L20= 4.00 (all of these are 4.33 scale)

However still 9 courses needed for my degree (5 this semester, 4 summer), so unsure how admissions will view this

UVic index calculated as 500+ 425 = 925

Somewhat weak volunteering softs. Mature student with 3 years of professional work experience during covid (government medical supplies). I'm from one of the Northern Territories which is what my personal statement was about.

I only applied to UVic general admissions as I love it here (moved here in 2021). Debating whether I should apply to TRU and attempt a 2nd year transfer to UVic, or just find something else to do for a year and work on my LSAT if i’m not accepted to UVic. 

Would love some feedback on my chances when applying to only one school!

• 1 month later...
AeroVan26
  • Law School Admit

Your stats are avg/above avg from what you mentioned and I think you have a good shot. I think you would've had a greater chance to get in as a mature student in the discretionary category (just my opinion), although the deadline was a few weeks ago. Its hard to comment on chances when only applying to one school but I wish you the best of luck!!

• Like 1