Chances (With LSAT Score today!) - LSAT: 152, OLSAS CGPA: 3.74, L2/B2: 3.82, B20: 3.87, L12: 3.8

Canlawforumuser123

Canlawforumuser123
  • Applicant

Hi everyone! Glad to see feedback! LSAT score just released today and applied everywhere on time except UBC and McGill! 

Softs:-   

- Working as Realtor (1.6 yrs ongoing), previously was in Banking (3 Months) and Fast-food Restaurant (1 yr)   

- Personal Statement shows how I connect to with the law through my real estate & banking work, as well as political leadership roles, past diversity challenge (+ overcoming it), & personal values that helped me.  
My applications include medical note for my impacted LSAT performance due to chest pain (applied as access applicant everywhere).  

- Engaged in political leadership from 2015 (Election Campaigner, Youth Delegate, MLA from 3-day legislative program, & Party Member)  

- From 2019 onwards volunteering at local community kitchen every weekend   - Participated in literary club as association member from 2014 (into book releases & promotional events)  

- On faculty’s achievement list consecutively from Yr 1-3 (ongoing), best delegate awardee at Cambridge UK Modern UN, 1 university scholarship, 1 high school scholarship  

- For research I did a seminar presentation for a 3rd year university course

Chewy
  • Law School Admit

You mentioned in your last thread that your LSAT of 153 was impacted by chest pains and now you have a 152. Is that an ongoing concern or was it a one-time issue when you scored a 153?

Either way, I don't think it's a good look to have two low scores, especially with your second score being lower. I don't think you'll receive an offer anywhere and would advise you to put more time into studying for the LSAT. What have you been doing preparing for the LSAT thus far?

Canlawforumuser123
  • Applicant

@Chewy Sorry for the confusion! Actually that 153 was the PT score I was having. Just got 152 as the official score yesterday so was interested in knowing some feedback 👍 it’s the highest on record. The chest pain was actually an ongoing issue actually. Hope that helps! Thanks

Edited by Canlawforumuser123

kollykibbler
  • Applicant

When you say highest on record, do you mean you have other scores on your file? If so, some schools (Calgary, for example) may be looking for big improvements between your attempts. 

I would second @Chewy in advising you to write the LSAT again with a little more studying and not worry so much about chances. You’ve almost certainly read the historical admission data at the schools you’ve applied to, so your guess as to whether or not you get in anywhere is as good as anyone’s.

Best of luck.