Chance Me, cGPA 3.17 B3 3.8.1; 165

Ckoolio

Ckoolio
  • Applicant

I had 2 years of failing grades at Western due to immigrating to Canada and being unable to adapt culturally. Re-entered at Laurentian and got almost all As. Some schools say that they look at the Last 2 or three years of Uni to calculate GPA. Do I have a chance at top schools if I increase my LSAT?

Edited by Ckoolio
Unclear wording

You posted your best three, but I'm assuming your B2 and L2 are pretty good. With your LSAT I think you've got a good shot at quite a few schools. Though your weak first two years will hurt you at schools that look at your cgpa. Though even then you can mitigate those marks by explaining how your immigration impacted them. 

Ckoolio
  • Applicant

My L2 is 3.76, and B2 is 3.85. Was looking at UofT since I don’t want to relocate. Do they primarily look at B3? 

backtomac
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, Ckoolio said:

My L2 is 3.76, and B2 is 3.85. Was looking at UofT since I don’t want to relocate. Do they primarily look at B3? 

yes. and you have a great shot assuming fine ECs.

Ckoolio
  • Applicant
On 2/5/2023 at 1:43 PM, LMP said:

You posted your best three, but I'm assuming your B2 and L2 are pretty good. With your LSAT I think you've got a good shot at quite a few schools. Though your weak first two years will hurt you at schools that look at your cgpa. Though even then you can mitigate those marks by explaining how your immigration impacted them. 

These grades are not included in my Laurentian University transcript (the university from which I graduated). I essentially started from scratch. Will the western grades be included in the OLSAS cGPA ? Asking this because the legacy calculator does not allow for two different universities.

Edited by Ckoolio

Chewy
  • Law School Admit
49 minutes ago, Ckoolio said:

These grades are not included in my Laurentian University transcript (the university from which I graduated). I essentially started from scratch. Will the western grades be included in the OLSAS cGPA ? Asking this because the legacy calculator does not allow for two different universities.

Yes, they will be included in the OLSAS cGPA. However, the schools will also look at your individual transcripts and make their own conclusion, not just rely on the OLSAS cGPA.

I was in the same boat. Had an absolutely terrible year at one school but did 4 at another and received multiple offers.

Ckoolio
  • Applicant

40 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Yes, they will be included in the OLSAS cGPA. However, the schools will also look at your individual transcripts and make their own conclusion, not just rely on the OLSAS cGPA.

I was in the same boat. Had an absolutely terrible year at one school but did 4 at another and received multiple offers.

Good to know.

Were the grades from your first school included in your Undergrad transcript? 

Edited by Ckoolio

Chewy
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, Ckoolio said:

Good to know.

Were the grades from your first school included in your Undergrad transcript? 

No, I never transferred them over.