Chance Me: cGPA 3.46, LSAT 167

Romanu

Romanu
  • Law School Admit

Applied to Osgoode, UofT, Queens, Western.

ECs are probably average to slightly above average:

- Six years of full-time work experience in management role at a reputable company (but still general category, two years overlap with my undergrad so I was part-time student for a semester)

- Several unique accomplishments in music industry (commercial releases on major labels, collaborations with major artists, etc).

- Started a decently large charity initiative which successfully served a variety of legal and public interest initiatives

PS discusses how my experiences in the industry/professional realm have inspired my decision to study law.

Edited by wisteriabloom

Chewy
  • Law School Admit

What is your L2? 

UofT is almost certainly a no. I would predict waitlisted at Osgoode. You have the right LSAT for Queen's and Western, just depends on your L2.

Romanu
  • Law School Admit
58 minutes ago, Chewy said:

What is your L2? 

UofT is almost certainly a no. I would predict waitlisted at Osgoode. You have the right LSAT for Queen's and Western, just depends on your L2.

Hard to say if it will be tabulated via L2 in any case, due to the part-time status in the latter portion of my academic career. I do have a strong upward trend though.

Edited by wisteriabloom

Renerik
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, Chewy said:

I would predict waitlisted at Osgoode

I think you're overestimating how competitive it is to get into Osgoode. 

Just now, Renerik said:

To be fair, a 3.4x is below the median accepted threshold and the high LSAT, while good, is not as important to Oz as GPA. I don't know how stats have changed over the past ~4 years since I've been on the adcom but it's worth keeping that in mind. Not to say that people don't get in with 3.4s.

Romanu
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, Ryn said:

To be fair, a 3.4x is below the median accepted threshold and the high LSAT, while good, is not as important to Oz as GPA. I don't know how stats have changed over the past ~4 years since I've been on the adcom but it's worth keeping that in mind. Not to say that people don't get in with 3.4s.

Yeah, I guess based on this it's fair to say to say that it's a "toss-up" - just wanted to check if I'm completely out of the running since Osgoode is my ideal target, but it's good to know 3.4 isn't instantaneous banishment

10 minutes ago, wisteriabloom said:

but it's good to know 3.4 isn't instantaneous banishment

For sure. I'd say you're still in the running.

Chewy
  • Law School Admit
8 hours ago, Renerik said:

Perhaps. I know that they have a large intake, but I also know that Osgoode is the first choice for a lot of applicants. 

OP, if your GPA shows an upward trend to where your L2 is around 3.6 or higher then I'd say you have a good chance at Queen's and Western. 

BigRed
  • Applicant

Hi there, 

Idk if this helps but I have the same GPA and a 166 LSAT. I just got accepted to uOttawa and also applied to all the other schools you mentioned (except Western). So its not impossible to get in 🙂 

I'd say you have an almost negligible chance to get into UofT, but a good chance at western and queens. Osgoode is really a toss up; they do value GPA a lot, but your work experience, upward GPA trend, and LSAT might make up for it. 

Good luck!