First choice firm scheduled me for in-firm on third day of interview week

capitalttruth

capitalttruth
  • Articling Student

Worried that they are not that interested in me, and whether I should set my sights elsewhere. This is for the Ottawa recruit. Just wondering if anyone can share insight who has participated in the Ottawa recruit who has had this happen? Did you get an offer after the interview? How should I prepare?

reaperlaw
  • Lawyer

You said in another thread this firm is Gowling, and for Gowling I would not read into where you they slotted you in. Gowling Ottawa in-firms dozens of people. Some people have to go on Wednesday, and maybe the people they wanted you to meet are only available Wednesday. Also keep in mind that unlike Toronto, the interview period in Ottawa is two weeks; the distinction between Day 1, Day 2, etc. is not as clear. 

Edited by reaperlaw
  • Like 2

sabbp
  • Law Student

I have the same concern. Two of my top firms scheduled me on the third day. Also, a firm gave me the choice between the 13th and the 14th and I chose the second day, I’m wondering does that signal to them that I’m uninterested? (that’s not the case at all, day 1 was just too busy for me) 

My interview with the firm that hired me was at 3pm (or maybe 4) on the last day of interviews.

Worry about what you can control. 

Jacobim_Mugatu
  • Law Student

Gowling also put me on the third day. I wouldn't worry because my OCI was on Feb 1 and they contacted me on Feb 2 asking if I was available on the 15th (so before many schools had their OCIs). Mine is in french so maybe Wednesday is when the French-speaking interviewers are free? Just speculating. 

sanment
  • Law Student
4 minutes ago, Jacobim_Mugatu said:

Gowling also put me on the third day. I wouldn't worry because my OCI was on Feb 1 and they contacted me on Feb 2 asking if I was available on the 15th (so before many schools had their OCIs). Mine is in french so maybe Wednesday is when the French-speaking interviewers are free? Just speculating. 

Does anyone know if everyone’s first in-firm interview with Gowling is in French?