How is student life at Calgary like?

bubbly

bubbly
  • Applicant

I'm thinking of attending Calgary law this fall from Ontario and was wondering how collegial the program is. I hear Calgary is more of a commuter school but given the smaller cohort of the program is it easier to make friends?

GreenTree
  • Applicant

I went to UofC for my undergrad and now I go here for law school. I would say the "commuter school" thing is absolutely true at an undergraduate level but in law school I've experienced the total opposite. The law program at UofC is super congenial and since you're divided into sections you get to know the people in your 1L section really well. I think you'd actively have to try to avoid people to not make friends. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

bubbly
  • Applicant
On 2/20/2023 at 10:17 PM, GreenTree said:

I went to UofC for my undergrad and now I go here for law school. I would say the "commuter school" thing is absolutely true at an undergraduate level but in law school I've experienced the total opposite. The law program at UofC is super congenial and since you're divided into sections you get to know the people in your 1L section really well. I think you'd actively have to try to avoid people to not make friends. 

Thank you for the info! This gives me a lot of reassurance!

• Like 1