Summer Recruit Flop - Articling Recruit?

newbie99

newbie99
  • Law Student

I'm a 2L that struck out the toronto recruit. Most likely will have a summer job secured at a big firm in Ottawa but still want to be in Toronto. Will I/can I apply to the articling recruit that takes place in the summer?

goodisgood
  • Law Student

It happens all the time. I'm probably extra paranoid but at least have a some reasons for wanting to go to Toronto instead of Ottawa in case you get grilled about it. I know there's usually more money in Toronto, and it may be where your friends/family are, but if there's something specific you can find about the firms you apply for that you're really into (a practitioner doing specific work you genuinely find interesting, a specialization that other firms may not have or be as developed in, etc) it will serve you well.