Strike out again

RobsonTurtle

RobsonTurtle
  • Law Student

Failed Ottawa recruit again, and now I’m completely out of the 2L recruitment. I failed every single interview since Sep 2022. All money, time, and efforts I put into went for nothing. I hate being negative, but I literally don’t know what to do anymore at this stage.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

Windsorhopeful
  • Articling Student

Keep applying! There are so many great 2L jobs that will be posted between now and the summer. I know it's so tough, but don't let this get you down. Maybe have someone review your application materials if you haven't already, but don't be overly discouraged by rejections. You just need one yes between now and May.

22 minutes ago, RobsonTurtle said:

Failed Ottawa recruit again, and now I’m completely out of the 2L recruitment. I failed every single interview since Sep 2022. All money, time, and efforts I put into went for nothing. I hate being negative, but I literally don’t know what to do anymore at this stage.

I've been exactly in your shoes and it's really hard not to feel like you're some kind of failure and like you've wasted all your time. But this is all part of your learning experience. You should improve your interviewing skills and practice with somebody, film yourself, anything.

Apply to jobs that are posted on your school's job bank and elsewhere, and reach out to the firms and make a connection there before you apply. You will find something. Keep in mind what you do after your 2L summer is pretty much insignificant in the grand scheme of things.