Do I even have a chance at getting waitlisted?

uhaulpartyguy

uhaulpartyguy
  • Law Student

Hi, 

I applied prior to writing my first LSAT score in January as I was practicing at the 158-162 level prior to the test. Test went horribly and I ended up with a 147. 
I am in between my 2nd and 3rd year in BComm honors in finance at USask with a cumulative 4.1/4.3 GPA or 3.92/4.0 GPA and have a medium Sask connection having moved here in 2020 and played college hockey my first two years. 

firstly, is there even a chance I get waitlisted (most likely not) but is there any harm in not pulling my application? 

Chewy
  • Law School Admit

My understanding is that because you’ve already submitted your LSAT score to them then they’ll have it on file regardless if you pull your application.

Don’t pull it. Even though your chance is virtually zero, there are those who have been accepted with a 150. But don’t rely on this. Start studying. 

If you’re struggling with test day mentality, check this out from Powerscore: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-ultimate-test-mentality-resource-list/

Here_come_da_judge
  • Applicant

Don’t cancel your application, worst case scenario is that you won’t get accepted. Then all you need to do is rewrite the test and reapply in the next cycle, your gpa is excellent! 

Edited by Here_come_da_judge

uhaulpartyguy
  • Law Student
On 3/3/2023 at 7:47 PM, Chewy said:

My understanding is that because you’ve already submitted your LSAT score to them then they’ll have it on file regardless if you pull your application.

Don’t pull it. Even though your chance is virtually zero, there are those who have been accepted with a 150. But don’t rely on this. Start studying. 

If you’re struggling with test day mentality, check this out from Powerscore: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-ultimate-test-mentality-resource-list/

That’s great information, thank you. I am rewriting in August and will most likely try applying Canada-wide next cycle. 

Do you know if they average your LSAT scores or just take your best one? 

On 3/4/2023 at 1:24 PM, Here_come_da_judge said:

Don’t cancel your application, worst case scenario is that you won’t get accepted. Then all you need to do is rewrite the test and reapply in the next cycle, your gpa is excellent! 

Awesome thanks for the information. 

Do you know if they average your LSATs or just take your best one? Or if it impacts being rejected the previous year? 

DennisNextDoor
  • Lawyer
34 minutes ago, uhaulpartyguy said:

Do you know if they average your LSAT scores or just take your best one? 

USask just takes your best LSAT score. 

• 1 month later...
NorthernLaw63
  • Law School Admit
On 3/3/2023 at 4:30 PM, uhaulpartyguy said:

Hi, 

I applied prior to writing my first LSAT score in January as I was practicing at the 158-162 level prior to the test. Test went horribly and I ended up with a 147. 
I am in between my 2nd and 3rd year in BComm honors in finance at USask with a cumulative 4.1/4.3 GPA or 3.92/4.0 GPA and have a medium Sask connection having moved here in 2020 and played college hockey my first two years. 

firstly, is there even a chance I get waitlisted (most likely not) but is there any harm in not pulling my application? 

Do not pull your application. I know three current students in 1L who got in with 148, 146, 149

9 hours ago, X1A Law said:

Do not pull your application. I know three current students in 1L who got in with 148, 146, 149

Oh wow that’s encouraging. Can you define 1L? Also - were these students regular applicants or indigenous/special consideration? GPAs of 98%? Any information is very appreciated. 

NorthernLaw63
  • Law School Admit

1L is the first year of law school (1L, 2L, 3L) 

I didn't pry further as this information was generously given to me in support and encouragement of my poor experiences with the LSAT. Common sense would expect they likely had very strong GPAs or an exceptional special consideration. I don't have a high GPA or LSAT due to life experiences. I've only been rejected from one school, and it was the least holistic of the four schools I applied to. So since I am still waiting for three decisions, I'll consider myself to have three chances. 

This process can be gruelling. Try focusing on why YOU stand out and making your application and mindset around that. That is more valuable than comparing yourselves continually to others 🙂 

• 4 weeks later...
uhaulpartyguy
  • Law Student
On 4/18/2023 at 7:56 AM, Jaxon said:

Oh wow that’s encouraging. Can you define 1L? Also - were these students regular applicants or indigenous/special consideration? GPAs of 98%? Any information is very appreciated. 

Hope this is really encouraging but I actually got accepted today with a 147. GPA was about a 91% in BComm Finance. 

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
BroJiden
  • Applicant

You’re the man uhaulpartyguy

On 5/16/2023 at 11:40 AM, uhaulpartyguy said:

Hope this is really encouraging but I actually got accepted today with a 147. GPA was about a 91% in BComm Finance. 

• Like 1