Intention to Call emails Vancouver

Pondy374

Hi, I thought this would be a good place to track if anyone received ITC emails for the Vancouver articling recruit. If you received an email post below!

I think it would be helpful instead of waiting two days for an email when a firm already sent out ITCs!

Forever Curious
  • Law Student

Thanks for posting, I was just about to lol

only received one ITC (Fasken) so far 🥴

Wocketman
  • Law Student

Out of curiosity - being that there are three days for interviews, how many students do you suspect we’re competing against once granted an interview through the recruit?

I received ITC from Branch McMaster and Slater Vecchio.

TrashGoose
  • Law Student

Got one from BJs about an hour ago. Nothing from Gowling or Blakes...yet (remaining optimistic)

Lilbub
  • Law Student
13 minutes ago, Pondy374 said:

Anyone hear from Blakes, Bennet Jones, or Gowling?

I got an ITC from Bennett Jones a couple of hours ago. 

Psychometronic
  • Lawyer

Last year, some ITCs went out a bit later, likely due to withdrawals or firms filling fewer spots than anticipated. It's rare but it can happen. Also, if you were really holding out for a firm and didn't get an ITC, it doesn't hurt to email them expressing continued interest. Worst that could happen is you get no response. Good luck everyone!

Edited by Psychometronic
  • Like 3

99problems
  • Lawyer
2 hours ago, Psychometronic said:

Last year, some ITCs went out a bit later, likely due to withdrawals or firms filling fewer spots than anticipated. It's rare but it can happen. Also, if you were really holding out for a firm and didn't get an ITC, it doesn't hurt to email them expressing continued interest. Worst that could happen is you get no response. Good luck everyone!

It may be irrelevant to your post, but I find it quite frustrating to get only one interview after applying to 20 firms.

I've taken too many business-law courses to be able to find a job outside this area

Psychometronic
  • Lawyer
32 minutes ago, not not a lawyer said:

It may be irrelevant to your post, but I find it quite frustrating to get only one interview after applying to 20 firms.

I've taken too many business-law courses to be able to find a job outside this area

The articling recruit is about as competitive as OCIs proportion-wise. I have colleagues who struck out of the articling recruit but still found articles with business law firms. Almost everyone I know at UBC landed somewhere by the time we graduated and I think most of them are happy with where they ended up.

You're still in the running so try to focus on doing your best with the interview you have.

TrashGoose
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, not not a lawyer said:

I feel this too, you are not alone. The lack of a written PFO has always bothered me. Can they just put us out of our misery already?

99problems
  • Lawyer
34 minutes ago, TrashGoose said:

I feel this too, you are not alone. The lack of a written PFO has always bothered me. Can they just put us out of our misery already?

Exactly! I know there are lots of applicants, but it's not even that hard. It's not like they are going to write a separate PFO for each applicant. Just the typical thing: thanks for applying...you were so good but there were lots of applicants...we had to make a hard decision..."

Edited by not not a lawyer
  • Like 2

Lilbub
  • Law Student

I just got an ITC from Lindsay Kenney, so it seems as though some firms are still sending them out! 

• Like 1

99problems
  • Lawyer
36 minutes ago, Lilbub said:

I just got an ITC from Lindsay Kenney, so it seems as though some firms are still sending them out! 

That's good news. Congratulations. I wonder if they send emails all the same time. If so, that's another PFO for me 

• 1 month later...
  • Ryn locked this topic