Master's degree

carrotcarrot

carrotcarrot

Due to various reasons I will not be able to finish my master's program before starting law school this fall. Will having this master's withdrawal on my transcript affect job searching in the future? I see that for many of the 1L recruit firms you need to submit your undergraduate transcript, and this will include my withdrawn masters degree since I did my undergrad and masters at the same school, and I cannot request for an undergraduate courses only transcript.

Will this be a red flag for recruiters or will I be fine as long as my law school grades are good? Also are undergraduate transcripts usually required for all job applications? (1L 2L recruit, small firms, etc). Thank you!

LMP
  • Articling Student

I don't think it'll matter much when it comes to recuritment. Though be ready to be asked about it.

And yes, you'll need to submit your undergrad transcripts.