Submitting an access/medical claim/document this late in the cycle?

backtomac

backtomac
  • Applicant

I was recently diagnosed with 3 mental disorders that explain my lower GPA.

Started seeing a psychiatrist in January 2023. Diagnosed with PTSD, ADHD, OCD (thank god my real name isn't attached to this account LOL)

The PTSD & ADHD especially explain my lower GPA from last semester; i.e., the traumatic event happened last semester.

I am going to submit the claim regardless of whether it will help me a ton or not at all, the worst the schools can do is say "no", but I'm wondering if anyone has experience submitting medical documents this late in the cycle?

Edited by backtomac

• backtomac changed the title to Submitting an access/medical claim/document this late in the cycle?
lawapplicant246357
  • Applicant

Hi! I am in the exact same boat as you. I was just diagnosed with ADHD and Generalized Anxiety Disorder a few weeks ago. 

Basically, all I did was upload my diagnosis on OLSAS (SAM) as well as an addendum outlining my diagnosis and why being undiagnosed affected my grades and LSAT score. I also talked about how I am addressing this diagnosis and my plan moving forward. Then, I emailed each school individually telling them about this update and how my documentation is on OLSAS. 

All schools were very receptive and nice (I'm still waiting to hear back from Western though). Queens said I needed to switch my category on OLSAS and write the additional statement. Other than that, they seemed to accept my documents and said they will consider it in my application review. 

I hope this helps! I highly doubt they will say no! Your diagnosis is 100% valid and there is absolutely no reason they cannot accept that! Good luck!!!

backtomac
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, lawapplicant246357 said:

Hi! I am in the exact same boat as you. I was just diagnosed with ADHD and Generalized Anxiety Disorder a few weeks ago. 

Basically, all I did was upload my diagnosis on OLSAS (SAM) as well as an addendum outlining my diagnosis and why being undiagnosed affected my grades and LSAT score. I also talked about how I am addressing this diagnosis and my plan moving forward. Then, I emailed each school individually telling them about this update and how my documentation is on OLSAS. 

All schools were very receptive and nice (I'm still waiting to hear back from Western though). Queens said I needed to switch my category on OLSAS and write the additional statement. Other than that, they seemed to accept my documents and said they will consider it in my application review. 

I hope this helps! I highly doubt they will say no! Your diagnosis is 100% valid and there is absolutely no reason they cannot accept that! Good luck!!!

Omg THANK YOU!!!! How do I submit an ammendum?

lawapplicant246357
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, backtomac said:

Omg THANK YOU!!!! How do I submit an ammendum?

Of course!!! I just wrote in on a doc separately and then uploaded it to OLSAS on SAM (make sure to title it addendum). Im not sure if you need to provide this but i just thought it was helpful to outline my situation

• Like 1

backtomac
  • Applicant
8 minutes ago, lawapplicant246357 said:

Of course!!! I just wrote in on a doc separately and then uploaded it to OLSAS on SAM (make sure to title it addendum). Im not sure if you need to provide this but i just thought it was helpful to outline my situation

Did you put it under health/medical?