Queen’s vs Ottawa vs TMU

rollingdice

rollingdice
  • Law School Admit

Hi everyone, these are my 3 options as of now. For context I’m from Toronto and plan to practice here.

I am not sure which area of law I’d like to pursue. My current interests are quite vast. I have a background in health so health law is definitely up there but I am also interested in immigration law, family law, criminal law, intellectual property, entertainment law, forensics. 

The clinics at Queen’s seem really great as well as their course offerings and the overall environment when I attended their welcome day really resonated with me, so I’m leaning toward Queen’s. But I wanted to get some additional insight as there may be other important factors to consider that I am unaware of! Thanks in advance 🙂 

Edited by rollingdice

Your leaning in the right direction, I think Queens is the best choice for you. 

Though honestly if your goals are as broad as you say they are, any of these schools would probably be a solid choice.

I lean towards Queens because of it's clinics and smaller class size (compared to UO especially). I've always felt Queens has an especially strong alumni network too, though I can't quantify that. 

• Like 1

rollingdice
  • Law School Admit
6 hours ago, LMP said:

Your leaning in the right direction, I think Queens is the best choice for you. 

Though honestly if your goals are as broad as you say they are, any of these schools would probably be a solid choice.

I lean towards Queens because of it's clinics and smaller class size (compared to UO especially). I've always felt Queens has an especially strong alumni network too, though I can't quantify that. 

Okay great! Thank you for the insight!