Where should I go for law? US or Canada?

Just another Italian

Just another Italian
  • Undergrad

I know it's a vague question, and it's probably extremely unoriginal but still...

I'm doing my undergrad in Canada as a foreign student, and I ultimately want to stay in either the US or Canada. I've heard that US big law pays much more than the equivalent in Canada, but honestly, idk if I have a shot at T-14s as an international student and as a K-JD. 

LMP
  • Articling Student

You'll have to pick the country you want to live and work in. This seems to be more a matter of personal taste than anything. 

If you want a more nuanced breakdown we'd need more nuanced information. Information that's probably premature at this point, like what schools accept you and what type of law you'd be interested in. 

I think you can use the time between now and your application cycle to think on what country best suits your needs. Then once you have offers in hand we can begin talking about the more quantitative pros and cons. 

Almost all American law schools are entirely numbers based, so if you have a great LSAT/GPA you will get in. So the first step is to figure that out. Nothing you said in your post matters.