Does accepting an offer to one school affect your chances of receiving an offer to another school?

Arnold Forrest

Arnold Forrest
  • Law Student

Hello everyone,

As per the title, I am just wondering if anybody has any insight as to whether accepting an offer to one school affects your chances of getting into another school?

I've heard people saying "no" as the standard answer, but I am just wondering because I know some Canadian law schools participate in sharing a list of applicants with each other that is exchanged between May and August of each year (as per the USask Law application page) and lists only the names of individuals who have accepted an offer from more than one law school in Canada.

In my specific situation, I currently have an offer to UAlberta but really want to go to UBC (where I currently don't have an offer). Would accepting my offer to UAlberta affect my chances of getting into UBC?

Anybody have any insight? Thanks in advance, everyone!