Nervous about in-person event?

backtomac

backtomac
  • Applicant

Hey all, today is an in-person event for a school I got into (hope this doesnt dox me too much LOL) and I'm SUPER nervous. On top of that, I have a major migrane atm. Can someone please hype me up to go to this thing?

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

GGrievous
  • Law Student

Just know you aren't alone in being nervous and that you deserve to be there as much as anyone. People are going to be happy to meet you and there's usually food at these things.

utahjazz
  • Law Student

Hey!

Congrats! You've worked hard for moments like this.

Take a deep breath, give yourself a pat on the back, and take solace in knowing others are feeling the same way. When your mind drifts to an unhelpful thought (what if nobody talks to me), try to refocus on a thought that is helpful and positive (I will make eye contact and introduce myself to at least 3 people in the first fifteen minutes of the event).   

You've got this! 🙂

Edited by utahjazz
  • Like 1

Pandagiraffe
  • Applicant

Same here, but I figure everyone feels the same and thousands of law students felt the same before us and everyone is doing alright so what the hell 🤣

• Like 1

backtomac
  • Applicant
10 minutes ago, Pandagiraffe said:

Same here, but I figure everyone feels the same and thousands of law students felt the same before us and everyone is doing alright so what the hell 🤣

great point!!

13 minutes ago, utahjazz said:

Hey!

Congrats! You've worked hard for moments like this.

Take a deep breath, give yourself a pat on the back, and take solace in knowing others are feeling the same way. When your mind drifts to an unhelpful thought (what if nobody talks to me), try to refocus on a thought that is helpful and positive (I will make eye contact and introduce myself to at least 3 people in the first fifteen minutes of the event).   

You've got this! 🙂

thank you for this!! ❤️ 

B_Stone
  • Law Student

Everyone at mine was tense as hell at first, but everybody got to know people by the end and settle down once presentations start. Deep breath, have fun!

backtomac
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, B_Stone said:

Everyone at mine was tense as hell at first, but everybody got to know people by the end and settle down once presentations start. Deep breath, have fun!

i really hope there are presentations i dont even know if there will be!! that would def help. thanks for the advice!