PLEASE HELP: Osgoode vs Western

lawstudent246

lawstudent246
  • Applicant

Hi everyone! I am so happy to say that I’ve been accepted to Osgoode, Western, and Queens! It honestly still feels like a dream, and if someone had told me earlier this year that I got into one school (let alone four) I just wouldn’t believe you! If anyone is reading this that is doubting themselves and is worried about admissions, I promise you everything will work out the way it is supposed to and YOU GOT THIS!

Anyway… I narrowed my decision down to osgoode and western. I mean both schools (as well as Queens) are amazing! The reason why I’m not going to pick Queens is because it’s further from my family, and I would like to be closer to them. I’m trying to decide between Osgoode and Western before the April 1st deadline. My goal right now is to go into corporate law in Toronto (hopefully work in BigLaw). However, I’m not 100% set on this goal and I am definitely very open to exploring different fields. 

Just from my research, Osgoode has so many interesting opportunities! I love the courses they offer and their clinics! The one down side is that this isn’t really a campus school. I do like the idea of living close to campus. If I go to Osgoode, I’d live at home and commute everyday (which is also a plus since I’ll save money). I also heard that Osgoode was a harder school to do well in? Is this true? 

For Western, I heard they have a corporate focus that seems really interesting. Again, I also love that it’s a campus feel. 

anyway, thank you so much guys for all of your help! Any advice is greatly appreciated

GoatDuck
  • Law Student

Oz is the clear choice here. Unless the campus feel is one of your most important and intensely-preferred criteria for picking school, go to Oz. 

• Like 2