cGPA: 3.46/4.3 LSAT: 152 (USask + UAlberta)

George11

George11
  • Law School Admit

cGPA is 3.46 on a 4.3 scale

L2/B2 is 3.85 on a 4.3 scale

LSAT is 152 (first time writing)

BSc in Medical Sciences, am completing an MA in Ethics, have won multiple graduate student awards for philanthropy, grades, and work ethic.  Have volunteered my whole life, done lots of leadership work, and worked throughout my undergrad and master's.  Sask connection of family being from there and sister working at USask.

Getting restless waiting for these acceptances/rejections and would love your opinions.

chameli B
  • Law Student

Let me start with the positives! Your L2/B2 is great and that will be good for all the schools that take your L2/B2. You also have great ECs and work experience. However, your LSAT score is too low to really get in under the general admissions at both schools. You may have a bit more luck if you apply discretionary, but it is hard to chance anything in that category. TBH, with your grades, experience, and work ethic, you have the ability to do better on the LSAT. I recommend that you hope for the best, and prepare for the worst. If you get in, amazing! If not, get your LSAT into the 160s plus and I think you are in for the next cycle.

• Like 2

George11
  • Law School Admit
1 minute ago, chameli B said:

Let me start with the positives! Your L2/B2 is great and that will be good for all the schools that take your L2/B2. You also have great ECs and work experience. However, your LSAT score is too low to really get in under the general admissions at both schools. You may have a bit more luck if you apply discretionary, but it is hard to chance anything in that category. TBH, with your grades, experience, and work ethic, you have the ability to do better on the LSAT. I recommend that you hope for the best, and prepare for the worst. If you get in, amazing! If not, get your LSAT into the 160s plus and I think you are in for the next cycle.

Thank you so much:) That's kind of been what my mentality throughout this process.  It's my first time applying.  I took the LSAT on a whim, so I know I can do better.  I am just waiting to book another test date until I hear from these schools.  Can't help but get my hopes up reading all the forums and stuff, just wanted to see if I was delusional to think I could potentially get in.

• Like 1

FlyingFish
  • Articling Student

Try to improve your LSAT. I do not think you have a chance at the UofA with those stats in any admission category. 

• Thanks 1