Waitlisted 2023

lazypanda

Expected to get an R so I'm happy to start this

LSAT: 156

CGPA: 3.65, L2: 4.0

legal assistant for 2 years, deans list, lots of volunteering with immigrant women's association and calgary youth justice society

position 87 of 199

Edited by lazypanda

36 minutes ago, lazypanda said:

Expected to get an R so I'm happy to start this

LSAT: 156

CGPA: 3.65, L2: 4.0

legal assistant for 2 years, deans list, lots of volunteering with immigrant women's association and calgary youth justice society

position 87 of 199

Any chance you (or anyone)  could explain the conversion of cGPA -if I have an 85% average how does that convert? There’s so many conversion tables online.  Just trying to figure out my index score!

RushFan2112

Just got the email an hour ago.

Self-calculated AGPA: 3.17 after drops.

LSAT: 166.

I'm #116 of 199. Not a Manitoba resident. Here's to hoping!

Edited by RushFan2112

CaptainBorgan
  • Applicant

Cgpa: 4.12 

lsat: 154 

index: 74.1

waitlisted at 96 

mb resident…. Is there a chance? 

RushFan2112
2 minutes ago, CaptainBorgan said:

Cgpa: 4.12 

lsat: 154 

index: 74.1

waitlisted at 96 

mb resident…. Is there a chance? 

Just based on this forum it looks like someone was accepted from #96 last year. Good luck!

Tired of Bartending
  • Applicant
6 minutes ago, Jaxon said:

Any chance you (or anyone)  could explain the conversion of cGPA -if I have an 85% average how does that convert? There’s so many conversion tables online.  Just trying to figure out my index score!

You need to manually convert all of your applicable grades to their GPAs based on Manitoba's GPA conversion chart, found here: https://law.robsonhall.com/student-resources/admissions/statistics/. Then average out those GPA scores.

Jasmine
  • Applicant

Waitlisted this morning! 

lSAT: 155

CGPA: 4.24 (this was the one used to calculate my index) 

index: 76.4ish 

position 29 - Manitoba resident. 

will be accepting if a spot becomes available. 

goodluck everyone!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

10 minutes ago, Tired of Bartending said:

You need to manually convert all of your applicable grades to their GPAs based on Manitoba's GPA conversion chart, found here: https://law.robsonhall.com/student-resources/admissions/statistics/. Then average out those GPA scores.

11 minutes ago, Tired of Bartending said:

Ok got it. I was just averaging my grades to a percentage then converting. Thanks!

specs
  • Applicant

Waitlisted 36/199

Does anyone know if another round of offers get set to people who would have been higher up than the waitlist, or would they be starting off with the waitlist right away? Just trying to figure out my chances. 

Also I noticed last year had a 250 waitlist but this year it's only 199, is it safe to assume more people have accepted before they even got to the waitlist?

ng5492022
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, specs said:

Waitlisted 36/199

Does anyone know if another round of offers get set to people who would have been higher up than the waitlist, or would they be starting off with the waitlist right away? Just trying to figure out my chances. 

Also I noticed last year had a 250 waitlist but this year it's only 199, is it safe to assume more people have accepted before they even got to the waitlist?

I assume that offers will continuously go out as people withdraw, especially because  the non-WL offers so far had a deadline of March 31.

ronswanson
  • Applicant

waitlisted 32/199

lsat 160

gpa 3.52 before drops

don't know index score

does anyone know how to find out when we move up the waitlist? also according to last year it looks like they got to number 58 on the waitlist, can anyone confirm this? just trying to gauge my chances

• Like 1

legalcookies
  • Applicant

Waitlisted 105/199

155 LSAT

3.8 GPA at UofC, not sure what the conversion is or what my index score is. 

Not surprising given my LSAT and I don't think there's any hope but better than a rejection I guess lol

Samuel Portwood
  • Law School Admit

Waitlisted 48/199

MB resident… will be accepting should an offer be received

Good luck to all!

Applicant33
  • Applicant

How will we know if we moved up the waitlist? Or do they only notify us when we get accepted?

Jasmine
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, Applicant33 said:

How will we know if we moved up the waitlist? Or do they only notify us when we get accepted?

The only way to know the movement of the waitlist is by checking these forums and the discord. 

they will notify us when we are accepted. 

donotgogentle
  • Law Student

Waitlisted April 5. I had applied individual consideration but did not get an interview and later got an email saying that I could be waitlisted at a later date. I’m 154/199 and under no illusion that I’ll actually get accepted but dammit, I’m still gonna call this a win, lol.

• 1 month later...
legallybrunette13
  • Applicant

Waitlisted at the beginning of April. Position 157/199 (lol). Accepted elsewhere so not too worried. 

156 LSAT and approx a 3.8/3.9 out of 4.5 scale.

• 2 months later...
legal1824
  • Applicant

2 hours ago, Jaxon said:

What do you mean out?

I mean the MB resident only waitlist is now released so they are no longer extending offers to non-MB residents

Edited by legal1824

• Ryn changed the title to Waitlisted 2023
  • Ryn pinned this topic
  • Ryn locked this topic
  • Renerik unpinned this topic