Do I even have a chance??

blue134

blue134
  • Applicant

GPA- 3.33

L2-3.7

LSAT- 170

I just want to know what to except with such a low gpa. I know I wont get into top schools with that, but do I have a chance at 2nd tier?

Also notable: I have decent extracurriculars nothing extraordinary but there is definitely lots to put on that portion of the application. 

Chewy
  • Law School Admit

I basically have the same stats as you and have been accepted to every school that I’ve applied to (8 or so). So unless your Personal Statements were horribly written, yes you absolutely have a chance.

And there’s no tier of schools in Canada. UofT is regarded as the best, but the quality of education that you get in Canadian law schools is similar across the board.

• Like 4

blackeye
  • Applicant

i had a lower gpa, same LSAT, and similar extracurricular in terms of value + i had a strong progression through my grades going up so last two years were 3.9 

got into 5/8 schools — even ones that only look at cumulative 

chewy is right, as long as you wrote your PS well you’re fine

On 4/12/2023 at 11:06 AM, Chewy said:

I basically have the same stats as you and have been accepted to every school that I’ve applied to (8 or so). So unless your Personal Statements were horribly written, yes you absolutely have a chance.

And there’s no tier of schools in Canada. UofT is regarded as the best, but the quality of education that you get in Canadian law schools is similar across the board.

What were your extracurriculars?  

Counsel
  • Lawyer

170 LSAT will likely carry you across the finish line at most, if not all, law schools. Plus your GPA is hardly low. Have confidence in yourself! 

• Like 2

blue134
  • Applicant
On 4/12/2023 at 2:06 PM, Chewy said:

Do you mind me asking what schools?