Does not completing my degree this summer risk an offer being rescinded?

Myo

Myo
  • Applicant

I only applied to one school for the fall, and it's still under review. In my application I mentioned that after the winter semester I will be three courses short of my degree, which I intend on completing over May / June summer semester, and so would have my degree completed by the start of L1. 

However, in January I applied to a law related summer student job in a different city to give myself an opportunity to gain experience / money in case I wasn't accepted (and then i'd complete the last three classes in September).  I figured it was likely I'd have a better idea of my chances by end of April, but as it stands I know as little now as I did in January. 

My predicament is that I was offered a policy & legislation government summer job, and due to needing to make a decision I accepted it. Every week that has passed I've put off thinking too much into it, because i figured I'd get an update to my application any week, but now my start date is 10 days away.

My nightmare scenario is I put off taking these final three courses, and I get an acceptance in July that is conditional on having finished my degree. 

The flip side is I turn down the job to finish my degree, and then later on get a R or a waitlist position that is basically an R. In which case I get no job, no law school, although I have my degree.

My question is: Does anyone know if an acceptance that is conditional on having completed my degree is something law schools may do? I can't find any information online about this, and I don't want to email the school and ask as it may make it seem like I'm on the fence and so they R me. Also any other advice is welcome. Thank you!

LSAT: 163

cGPA: 3.9 (4.33 scale)

L20: 4.0 (4.33 scale)

Edited by Myo