I have no idea what im doing

lostandconfused95

lostandconfused95
  • Applicant

i got a 157 in january. My gpa is crap due to mental health issues during undergrad. I played varsity basketball for 2 years and have been worked in the public services since 2018. I understand my lsat needs to be much higher, but i guess im wondering how much higher. this is also my last chance as i would be required to take a two year break as per lsac. 

also do you think i would benefit from a tutor

would love your thoughts? 

Weir Libel
  • Law School Admit

Go onto the reddit forum and see the poll that showed the range of scores that were accepted into Canadian law schools. 

I was surprised how many people with low scores were accepted. So depending on your EC's and your letter of intent, your score from the LSAT is competitive. Good luck!

• Like 1

cactusjack6
  • Law Student

What is your GPA like? I know people who got into Ottawa, Osgoode, Queen's and Western with 157 LSAT's. Depending on your work experience, ECs and personal statement you would surprise yourself at your ability to get into schools with a solid holistic application and a 157.

lostandconfused95
  • Applicant
2 minutes ago, cactusjack6 said:

What is your GPA like? I know people who got into Ottawa, Osgoode, Queen's and Western with 157 LSAT's. Depending on your work experience, ECs and personal statement you would surprise yourself at your ability to get into schools with a solid holistic application and a 157.

id say my b20 is like 3.3 and my olsas gpa is 2-2.5 so it is really bad. i already applied this cycle and have not had any luck with my january score of 157, and i thought my LOR were strong, but apparently i thought wrong. i also thought my personal statement was strong, talked about growing up with immigrant parents and my struggle through undergrad.

5 minutes ago, Weir Libel said:

Go onto the reddit forum and see the poll that showed the range of scores that were accepted into Canadian law schools. 

I was surprised how many people with low scores were accepted. So depending on your EC's and your letter of intent, your score from the LSAT is competitive. Good luck!

my gpa is terrible, it's is anywhere from 2-2.5, this is my second cycle applying, i was waitlisted at windsor last year with a 155 and was flat out rejected this year with my 157.

Weir Libel
  • Law School Admit
11 minutes ago, lostandconfused95 said:

id say my b20 is like 3.3 and my olsas gpa is 2-2.5 so it is really bad. i already applied this cycle and have not had any luck with my january score of 157, and i thought my LOR were strong, but apparently i thought wrong. i also thought my personal statement was strong, talked about growing up with immigrant parents and my struggle through undergrad.

my gpa is terrible, it's is anywhere from 2-2.5, this is my second cycle applying, i was waitlisted at windsor last year with a 155 and was flat out rejected this year with my 157.

Maybe try applying to schools that arent cgpa or retake the LSAT. I would aim for mid 160's to make up for a low GPA. Good luck

cola
  • Law Student

What did you do to prepare for the LSAT before? And where did you apply besides Windsor? Were they schools with access categories, and did you apply under those?

• 2 weeks later...
Edr28
  • Applicant

Have lots of LSAT materials including my materials from my tutor, send me a message!